Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 AM

Default KK Huge pot everyone is going crazy!

No real reads on anyone but UTG+1, and that is pretty tight and passive.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (21 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ????,
Old 08-04-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: KK Huge pot everyone is going crazy!

These are always super tough when a tighty passivy player is going nuts. I think I would call down in this huge pot but expect AA or AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] much more often than not. I hate folding when I may still have the best hand and the pot is very big. Unfortunately if you're behind on the turn you're proably drawing to less than two outs.

My advice for the next time you post a hand like this is that you omit the actions of the villains on the river if your questions lie in the flop and turn play.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:35 AM

Flop: (25 SB) 8, 2, 8 (6 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls

The converter is broken again. Where is your raise?

Fold the turn like you did. Nh.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My advice for the next time you post a hand like this is that you omit the actions of the villains on the river if your questions lie in the flop and turn play.

[/ QUOTE ]

point taken
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to wait till the trun to raise, assuming a safe card fell which obviously didnt. No good?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most pots this size with an aggresor on my right I like calling here so that I can raise the turn for more value and to protect my hand. We had no idea things would get that crazy on our left. Not sure if that was the OPs intention.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to wait till the trun to raise, assuming a safe card fell which obviously didnt. No good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right about waiting for the turn to raise.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:44 AM

I really hate these hands. I get a monster, everyone calls to the flop, then people wake up going crazy and then "I have to call down because I have a monster". Premium hands are good because they win most of the time. Your opponents are telling you they have hand that good, that they can raise and reraise you with. Against a large field like this and all this action somebody has to be telling the truth. I fold the flop when the SB raises. If you don't fold there, then you really have to fold after the CO's call/raise. I have to start finding more folds in these kind of hands myself. I get too attached on my big starting hands.

Edit: My mistake... You have the odds to call when SB raises the first time, but fold when he caps it.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 AM

You are most likely drawing to 2 outs..could be behind anything with an 8, a flush, as well as AA. I would not doubt AA at all wtih the PF cap. So with this I fold. 10.5-1 is not good enough odds.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:56 AM

I politely diasagree with folding the flop when it's capped back to us. Assuming we're behind (hard to say without really solid reads) here we have 2-2.5 or so outs getting 19:1 to call. With implied odds this is an easy call.

On the turn we're getting 11:1, I agree that a fold here is possible. But I'd still call it because I'm loose passive in these situations [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]