Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:16 AM

Default AKs, action on flop

I lost this hand, anyone would play flop differently. Anyone disagree w/ cap on flop? After all, AK w/ K on board is just a TPTK.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls $1 (All-In), Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB calls $1.33 (All-In), Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Everyone calls to $1.33 all-in? No one even complete? Maybe everyone except SB was not on flash draw...

River: (21.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 2 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 28.16 BB

MHING

Thinking my AK could still be good, trying to create side pot... stupid move. end up folding when it came back to me w/ 3-bets.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: AKs, action on flop

Pre-flop and flop are fine. I never like it when people just pop alive on flops when I am holding TPTK, but SB looks like he is stacking off so I oblige.

Turn is weird. I do not even remember the rules regarding a player making a wonky all-in bet: I want the other players to throw money in the pot, but I do not want to make it four to go if I suspect the SB may have us beat (however, if you really think the SB was just stacking off with trash, you should raise here and hopefully punt everyone else out of the hand).

I have this odd tendency to jam harder when someone goes all-in in the middle of a hand, especially when I think the AI player may have me beat but I think I am ahead of the remaining players.

WTF? They both come alive on the river? On a brick? Ugh. Remember that UTG+1 3-bet pre-flop, and Button has been donking along the entire time... I fold and not like it.

-K
Old 08-04-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost this hand
MHING

Thinking my AK could still be good, trying to create side pot... stupid move. end up folding when it came back to me w/ 3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but don't post results.

Good Hand Posting Guidelines.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Thank you for link

I read the link, thanks and I will follow these guidelines from now on.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:13 AM

Just call the flop and raise the turn because all draws have odds to call on the flop anyway. It's better to wait to the turn to raise in this huge 20 sb pot. "When the pot is large", SSH.

It sure looks like you are behind on the river with button waking up.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:08 AM

I'm a bit weak in this situation. I'd probably just call the flop to see what the turn brings before leaping into action. Especially with UTG+1 having reraised PF.
Had there been a spade on the board on the flop
I'd at least have a backdoor draw it would be different.
But raising the flop here just makes
the whole thing a shoot-out and I hate that with only top
pair. Especially since you may have no outs at all.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 AM

I always get a sick feeling in my stomach when I'm against a limp-raiser. The last time I saw it he was just stacking off w/ KQs, and sometimes it's just a psycho, but usually it's AA. The cap against that many opponents is probably +EV w/ AKs, tho, so it's probably fine.
Anyway, this hand is something like one in SSHE, where they recommend waiting for the turn to raise. The reasoning is that the pot is large enough that even if you raise, people are still getting good odds (11-1) to call w/ even a gutshot draw, and the turn (a club) could cripple your hand. But the book also tells us to play aggressively in large pots.
Long and short, I don't mind the flop raise, but the cap may be excessive. I might wait for the turn to raise again. But when the club falls, I'm not sure I have the heart in a multihanded pot.
I would also fold the river, kick something and move on.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:20 PM

bump. good hand.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:51 PM

*grunch*

I don't really like the flop cap. Most people won't bet-3bet you without at LEAST TPTK, so you're most likely behind. If I had a BDFD, I might consider it, but even then I'm probably not capping. Turn call is fine. I'm not sure about the river bet...for one, you're likely to be ahead of the players who are left, who have just been calling the whole time, but at the same time, the side pot isn't all that big, and I suspect you're losing the main pot to SB's small set or two pair.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lost this hand
MHING

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but don't post results.

Good Hand Posting Guidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit but ...

If you dont want to be a nit then stop being a nit you nit!