Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 11:28 PM

Default CHAMP Car Racing

So, apparently the Denver Grand Prix is coming up in a week and a half. I guess it's CHAMP Car racing, which looks like open-wheel racing - probably an F1/IRL/whatever minor-leagues kind of thing. I'd really like to go to this, since I've never been to this type of race before and it looks like it'd be pretty cool. It appears that I can buy tickets for any or all of three days (Fri-Sun). Has anyone been to one of these races? Do they race in anger on all three days? Is it like the b-team or qualifying or something on the first two days and then the real thing on Sunday? I'm just trying to figure out which day I should get tickets for.

edit: Alright, I got my head out of my ass and looked at the schedule. Apparently, there's qualifying and practice and whatnot on Friday and Saturday, as well as BMW, Trans-am, and SWC race series races on Saturday in addition to more practice and BMW racing on Sunday before the real Champ race.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: CHAMP Car Racing

Champ car racing is what was once called CART, if that helps you any. It's the main rival of the IRL, which is why NASCAR pwns the two of them in terms of popularity.