Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 AM

Default I have no home

How many times a day do we say "unfuckinbelievable" while playing? At least a few, right? Well, thats nothing to this:

I moved to the Scottsdale/Phoenix area in March of 2004 and my wife and I picked out a nice homesite and builder where we could spend more than we ever have on a house. On July 28, 2004 we put down our good faith money, and anticipated moving into our new home and enjoying the pool well before summer of 2005 (scheduled to be done in April).

To make a long story short, it's been like the movie "The Money Pit" where we keep getting told the work will be done in "two weeks" for three months now. We gave our 30-days notice before our vacation, then went month-to-month on our townhome lease, but something funny happened four days ago:

Our leasing agent forgot to tell us that they had rented our townhome, and we had to be out by the end of the month. Ever tried to get movers on one day's notice?

We managed to get a huge storage container dropped off, and my wife and I moved everything out in a day and a half. I thought I was old and out of shape until my wife told me that when we started on Wednesday is had been 117 degrees. No kidding -

Anyway, I have taken up residence in a hotel for a few weeks to get over my near-death from moving in a frying pan, and have been sitting in the pool, instead of next to it.

Anybody ever mention that it gets hot in Phoenix?

Have a nice weekend guys.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: I have no home

Suddenly my break even week does not seem so bad.

GL, man.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:01 AM

I hope you have better luck Dogmeat! I guess you were almost 'homeless'? I am sure some fellow 2+2er's would be glad to donate appliance boxes. I hear if you tape them together you can have a multi room portable home.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night, battling insomnia, I was clicking channels; the History channel had a show about deserts or hot spots... something to that effect (I didn t catch the beginning).

There was a section of the show devoted to yr neck of the woods, however.

The experts concluded that the climate of Phoenix has (d)evolved over the years. Apparently, the influx of parking lots and new roads to satisfy the rapidly increasing demands of the growing citizenry has led to many adverse effects.

Most notably, these parking lots serve as great energy collectors - they spend their days absorbing the sun's photons only to reradiate this accumulated energy during the evening.

Thus the sun is omnipresent, so to speak; and Phoneix's evenings have become more severe as far as heat is concerned.

To combat this menace, air condioning has become widespread and even "mandatory," according to many leading soccer moms in the greater Phoenix area. This, in turn, injects more hot air into the environment (politicians were not counted in this tally).

And one last thing. The show also said that all the golf courses and swimming pools in the area have unfortunately raised the humidity in the area. You know, nullifying the whole "But, it's a dry heat," sort of sentiment....

It is truly astounding to see the effects of human settlements upon the environment. According to the show, these were startling changes realized since the seventies.

Now.... I do hope everything works out for you. I still believe in Jim Morrison's mantra that the west is the best.

So good luck out there; we've finally just got some relief from our death sucking heat out here in Boston - we're in the 70s now.

From what I saw though all of this is a small price to pay for paradise for 8 months out of the year.

I think I'll return again someday... the west is the best.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:41 AM

Dog I feel for you... sometimes I think Phoenix is the capital of Hell with the heat.

I also an someone that thought 2p2ers would have been able to help with enough 2001fp boxes to create a huge temporary cardboard home....

Good luck with your new house. Don't let them [censored] you around.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:42 AM

Crazy story signal, thanks for typing that out.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't necessary, since I was born and grew up there. The heat is definitely nothing to mess with, but one good thing about it is it sure makes a cold beer taste good!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I worked construction in north Phoenix/Scottsdale for years, so I probably worked on your neighbors' houses. If anything, the housing boom has accelerated since then, but I doubt anything else has changed. It is a rare contractor whose word means much, and you are pretty much at their mercy.

Hope things come together soon.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:46 AM

Holy crap, that makes the 9 hours I had to spend in the DMV seem not so bad.

Well no, they still seem awful, but at least that hell is airconditioned.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:40 AM

Nothing, sorry I had 18 week renovations on a place before we could move in, that dragged out to over 2.5years.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:12 AM

Just for the record, I just moved to the Phoenix area too for a job. Hope everything works out for you.