Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 09:28 AM

Default What would you have done?

Hello all poker lovers!

I was standing infront of a problem yesterday, you see I was playing in this freeroll tournement (No-Limit Texas Hold'em), 1700 had signed up, and I struggled myself all the way to the finaltable. I was the chipleader when there were seven people left, anyway, I had the third biggest stack when we were only four people left. Now here comes the problem.

I was dealt these card (on BB): 4,7
All of the other players just call and the flop comes out: 8,4,3.

I bet and two out of three players folds, the last player raises, almost his whole stack. I was so sure I had a better hand than him because he'd been bluffing alot and I think i'm pretty good at reading people...so I make a re-raise (all'in) and he calls me.

So he shows his cards, 5;3, and I mine. He had a pair of 3 and I had a pair of 4. I was thinking "this is good". But ofcaurse river shows a 5. Crap.

My question to you is - What would you have done in my position?

I have one more question. I've read 3/4 of the book Hold'em Poker by David Sklansky (an awesome book, I recommand it), I'm 17 and quite new to poker. I have played it for a few months and I'm stuck. So after I've finished the book, do you think I'm ready for Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth?

Off-topic, I'm from Sweden and my english is bad. Sorry for that[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]