Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Foxwoods, good, bad and ugly, Half way home

Played 3 evenings so far in my trip. 3 evenings left.

The good.

I have mostly been playing 1-2 NL, although I did venture into the 2-4 NL on my 1st evening. The 1-2 games are great. Although $10 per hour is a lot to be taken, I am convinced this game can be beaten for 20-30 dollars per hour. There have been 2 or 3 horrible players on each of my tables. These are players that put atleast 500 bucks into the game and in some cases even much more. One good example, is the BB raises allin for 55 bucks (limped straddled pot) and one guy calls with JT and then someone with J9s raises allin for another 20. A guy claiming he is a "pro" is playing nearly as bad as the bad players that he is whining about. My 2 biggest pots so far have been sets with 22.

The bad.

I have been card dead. I have played for 13-15 hours and have had QQ twice, AA once and no KK or AK. I did have JJ once in a tourney and flopped a set.

The ugly.

My AA lost to a flopped flush. My 1st QQ lost in a big flush board and then an ace turned. My 2nd QQ lost to a 92o and K9o when the turn gave them a straight.

I will be there tonight again. I am wearing a canadian t-shirt as per usual, and this one has a big EH on it. Say hi if you see me.

Ken
Old 07-28-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Another day, another live game

Played last night again. Once again a great 1-2 NL game. One player put in $1400 into the table over about a 4 hour time period. He must have went all-in 50 or 60 times over that timeframe. He would bluff big but he also was very unlucky. One player left up over a grand.

I won but it was basically due to one huge hand. Limped pot which I called on the button with KQo. Flop is JT8 and the SB bets 20. There are 4 callers and I decide to push with about 95 bucks. I get 2 callers. One was the mega-fish and the other seemed to be a solid lady who only barely had me covered. Turn and river are J2. I win with King high. Opponents had 96 and the fish had Q3. Of course all the players that folded would have won the pot.

Pots were big and action was very slow. I kept track of the number of hands in a 30 minute period and we got 10 hands followed by 11 hands. The mega-fish was slow.

My crappy cards continued. I lost with QQ again on my 2nd hand of the night. I did finally get AK once and won a decent pot. Still no KK over 19 hours of play on this trip. And I havn't won with QQ (0 for 3) or AA (0 for 1). Only JJ in a tourney.

I did get into a big argument at the table. I will post about that seperately.

Well, more fun tonight.

Ken
Old 07-28-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Another day, another live game

Thanks for the reports Ken. Keep 'em coming and win a big pot or two for us!

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 07-28-2005, 10:03 AM

Ken -- I've been interested in trying that 1-2 game there for a while. I just came back from Las Vegas and a $1400 win mostly from the Aladdin 1-2 NL game. I had the benefit of ensnaring bustouts from the daily tourneys there -- folks would get cracked, then sit down for 1-2, and possibly donate more. I also played a fairly tight game, especially compared to some of the heavy drinkers and WPT-wannabes there who got married to Big Slick or an unsuited A or K to the river and paid dearly for it.

Did you find the seat charge cutting into your win too deeply? This, along with the generally slow games (as you describe -- 10 to 11 hands/hour?! Aladdin was definitely faster), has been the reason I have not yet gone fishing up there. Now I suspect I would do pretty well.

Thanks for the info -- I answered your argument post separately! And keep beating 'em!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:12 AM

Well although my results have been less than stellar on this trip, I really do believe there is a lot of money to be made on the Foxwoods 1-2 NL game. Yeah the $5 time charge sucks. It is even worse when the game is slow like last night. But we had 3 issues last night. Slow dealers, slow players and big pots.

The three 1-2 tables that I have played have had atleast 2 or 3 fish that each had put in 500+ onto the table. So over a 4 hour time frame you potentially have 1000 dollars up for win. During that time the time charge is taking away 400, so there is still 600 bucks available just from the fish.

On my last trip I won big. Mostly because my AA got major action preflop atleast 3 times. So far with near crap on the 1-2 tables I am only down 50 bucks at those tables.

Ken
Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 AM

I know you were writing to the othe Ken, but if I may ...

I've played both the 1-2 at Alladin and the 1-2 at Foxwoods. At least when I was there, I'd say the Alladin game is at least a notch above the Foxwoods game in terms of player skill.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you were writing to the othe Ken, but if I may ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You may indeed! Direct comparison to the Aladdin is very helpful. Thanks, Ken and Ken, for the FW scoops. Must ... resist ... taking sick day for NL fishing trip .... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 01:55 PM

I played the Aladdin NL 1-2 game in late June and I played for 5 hours and the game was quite good.

I would say Foxwoods has a mix of good and terrible players in the 1-2 game. Of course the occasional very good player as well. The Aladdin had mostly tourists although I didn't see any of the truely terrible players I have seen at Foxwoods this past week.

Ken
Old 07-29-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Another day, and finally some dollars

Played again on Thursday. I did get some cards early today and brought my stack from 140 to 220, but it dwindled back down to 140 and then I changed tables. I had AA (won a small pot) and AK twice (winning both times) on my 1st table.

One interesting hand on my 1st table is a new guy to the table opens for 12 bucks from early position. I have JJ and call. Another guy calls and then someone reraises to 75. The SB thinks for a while and mucks. The original raiser moves in and only the 75 guy calls. Original raiser has AA and the 75 raiser has AQo. Well the SB claimed to have mucked QQ. Another player claimed to have mucked the other Q. And another guy mucks 33. Flop is J36. Turn is T and the river is a K. AQ catches runner/runner straight and wins a nice pot. AA would have been in 4th place if I was in as well as the 33 guy.

A few minutes later, the AA guy has TT and is up against AA. The flop comes 9JQ. A good flop for him. The turn is a T and he looks like he will crack the aces, but the river is the K again and the AA wins with a straight.

One guy was lucky enough to get AA vs KK all-in preflop twice in about a one hour span. Winning both times.

The 2nd table started off badly as we lost almost 1/2 the table in a few minutes. But we gained some interesting players and then the action began. Both players on either side of me were very fishy, chasing and catching some hands. People would raise to 20 and get called 5 or 6 ways.

The pot of the trip for me happened when I had a stack of 180ish and in middle position I limped with T6s (quite loose for me). About 8 players saw a decent flop of 789. SB bet 10, one caller. I made it 40. Big fish calls as does new player on button. Early bettor and caller folds. Turn pairs the 8 and puts 2 flush draws on board. I move all-in for my final 140. Big fish calls and button calls with his remaining 60 or so. River is K and no flushes make it. Big fish shows Q8, for trips. Button mucks and I win a 500 dollar pot.

Big fish who started the hand with 600ish ended up doing a rebuy within an hour of that hand. The 2nd table had an automatic shuffler which was nice although it did have a few issues.

So I ended the night up about 400 bucks and have moved into the positive for the trip. One more night at Foxwoods tomorrow.

Ken
Old 07-30-2005, 06:17 PM

Default All done

Well my trip ended after a short 2 hour session last night. I finished off where I started on the trip at the 2-4 NL table. Things looked like they would end on a down note. After a full week of working and playing for several hours each night I was exhausted and the cards were not coming again. I ended up only winning 1 hand during the 2 hours but it was a good one.

I started the hand with 220, and there was a raise to 10. I called with 33 as did 3 other players. Then the button makes it 20 and we all call. Flop is the glorious Q43. The button and I get the all of the money in on that flop. He shows AQ. A scare looking deuce comes on the turn but he doesn't catch his straight and I win a nice pot.

This 2-4 table was better than the previous one I played. A few fish that looked like they had the potential to donate a lot to the cause.

All told a good comeback after being down nearly 500 a few days ago, ended up almost 300.

I played 29 hours of live and another 3 of the tourney, and didn't get dealt KK at all. Only AA twice (winning one small pot), QQ three times (losing all three times) and JJ twice..All my profit on this trip was with 22, 33, T6s \, KQo and to a lesser extent AKo.

Ken