Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Why all the limping with AA?

I keep seeing this kind of stuff at the 22's on PP. I guess it only bothers me because I've gotten burned by them a few times lately and haven't been running well from behind.

Is this the new "move" these days? I can't really bring myself to jump on board (late stages / bubble play excluded).
Old 07-29-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Why all the limping with AA?

limpin AA is not terrible, in fact its not even bad, the point of limpin AA is hoping someone will raise so u can reraise. limping AA should naturally be done in early position, Ive yet to see a good example of a LP limp with aces.
Now in the enviroment of a $22 sng I dont recomend limping.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:23 PM

Absolutely. I'm just surprised I'm seeing it so much in MP and LP. Seriously. Of course, it's possible that I'm exagerrating a bit, based on faulty recall, but I've seen some real head scratchers.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:43 PM

i have run into it a few times lately... the worst is when a player pegged as a solid, good player limps UTG *warning signals* in the somewhat later stages. This has happened to me 3 times this week 2 of which i had KK and the other QQ. sigh.

I generally will only do this at a loose aggressive table in very early position where im almost guarenteed a raise.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]