Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Future of online poker

Online poker is very profitable, I have been moving up through the limits and am now @ $1/2 and am finding there are still lots of fish and CS's that were present at lower limits.

The sharks @ these levels tend to be better however. I was wondering in 2-3 years, will all the games start to fill up with sharks so much so, that profit levels for all, but the absolute best players(even their profits will dwindle) drop so much so, that it becomes almost pointless to play.

Poker has hit a boom and it seems everyone is playing now, with a lot of players playing online. I am sure that fish will not continue to play stakes for longer than a year if they see theyre constantly losing $ without doing something(reading books, move down in limits, or just quit) to become a better player in the hopes they will no longer continually donate to the sharks out there.

There will always be fish, but will there be enough of them in 2,3,5 or even 10 years down the road in order to consistently turn profits as a good or very good, but not spectacular poker player.
Your thoughts and comments on this subject would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Future of online poker

this is the wrong forum and this topic has been discussed many times. perhaps even over done.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Future of online poker

If you think there a sharks at 1-2 you are in serious trouble [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]