Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:08 PM

Default good spot to bluff or chip spew?

2/5 NL at the Borgata.

I have 1100, Villain 700. I have a very TAG image, everytime I have been in a big pot it's with a monster (I haven't shown them but I told someone when they correctly laid down 2 pair to my top set because I was in shock. Also I like setting up a tight image because I like to steal, a lot, in obvious situations).

Main villain in this hand is crazy, but he's not terrible. He does like to draw without odds though - one time he called an all in on an all heart board with one heart, a gutshot to the straight flush, saying "I was looking for the ten of hearts." He didn't get it and lost to the straight flush. He does call down with crap very often, but he also knows I'm tight.

Anyway, I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and UTG + 1 makes it 20 to go, which means overcards in this game (AA. KK, QQ get like 30, 40 preflop). Button calls, I call. Three to the flop.

Flop (70): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, UTG + 1 bets 35, button calls. I know UTG+1 has crap, so I make it 100 straight. UTG + 1 folds, villain calls.

Turn (270): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Whoa. best card (or worst depending on river) in the deck for me. I pick up a million draws. I'm still unsure of villain's holding's but I think if he doesn't have an 8, he'll drop it with continued aggression from me. Plus I want to price myself into a draw and he's the type bet size is irrelevant if he's folding he's folding if he's calling he's calling. I bet 150, he calls.

River (570): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Gross. Why couldn't it be a diamond? Anyway, I want to know who bets this. I think all i can legitimately expect to fold is 56 or 67, but there's a good chance that he has that.

I bet 250. Should I have given up or should I bet that to fold 56 or 67/ 5x diamonds? Bet more, less? What about the betting on the turn?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: good spot to bluff or chip spew?

[ QUOTE ]
He does call down with crap very often

[/ QUOTE ]
you bet 1/2 pot on river after saying this? Silly spew, give it up man. Just because your IMAGE is tight, don't expect an idiot to realize that. SOME idiots will realize that a person is tight, but not all.

I always see people bluffing a calling station, than berate the calling station "How do you call with that crap?" When really it's their OWN fault for trying to bluff a calling station to begin with.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he also knows I'm tight.

Anyway, I limp UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the irony.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he also knows I'm tight.

Anyway, I limp UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the irony.

[/ QUOTE ]

you ever play live?