Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Soft Ware Tools

Has anyone used any of the s/w tools, like Wilson's, available to learn Texas Holdem? I have been playing for a couple years now and have read most of the books and play on line quite a bit. Was wondering how helpfull the s/w would be. I am looking at ways to evaluate my post flop play and not sure s/w has that.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Soft Ware Tools

The coolest thing is being able to play AJo from EP 150 times in a row against whatever type of opponents you want to face. Very instructional. Wilson's Turbo Texas Hold 'Em will allow you to do this I believe.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:41 PM

Check out Poker Academy Pro, version 2, if you want good practice.

The artificial intelligence opponents adapt their play to yours as you play more hands against them, forcing you to adjust your game to stay ahead of them. Games available include limit, no limit, SnG, MTT and an online game room. There's a downloadable demo available.

<http://www.poker-academy.com>
Old 07-27-2005, 05:48 AM

Thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 07:18 AM

I have used Turbo Texas Hold'm for the last 3 versions. They are good for beginners and fun but the latest version is V6 . . . .not that great in my view. Disappointing, so many things he could have done cheaply but didn't and the assistant seems to have gottin dumber.

Still - as Pov says it's great for some things. Playing 66 in MP for 200 times or other tests is great.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Poker Academy Pro 2.0
It has been out less than a month and I was told by a 2+2er that it is better than Wilson Turbo.
I bought it on Amazon tonight. $129.00
Barry Greenstein's son says the simulation play and AI that you play for thousands of hands to get better is invaluable
www.barrygreenstein.com
look under Joepoker when you get to the site and read his most recent article about ways to improve your game.