Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Has Absolute ever called you?

I got a nice call from a friendly 'Absolute Poker VIP Host' last Friday. He started off by asking me if there was any reason that I had stopped playing on Absolute. Then comes the juicy part.

He said that with a 1k desposit I get $200 bonus money, 5 free tournament entries to a few of there special tournaments, and my favorite part... a t-shirt.

This really shocked me. I have never heard of any site actually calling someone to make offers to bring them back to their site. Now I'm not much of a fan of Absolute, but I figure if I can clear a few bonus bucks, take a few free shots in tournaments, and another free poker shirt to add to the pile, it will be worth it.

The call made me feel special. My question is this: Did I just get suckered in to a basic promotion that I just had not heard of before or did they really go out of their way for me on this one?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Has Absolute ever called you?

they called me once a few months ago after i hadnt played there for awhile. they offered me similar stuff, but not a t shirt [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 06:12 PM

Should of held out for more...
Old 07-26-2005, 06:18 PM

they have called me 2 times. One time they gave me a free $50 for a $1000 deposit. One time they gave me $100 for a a $2000 depsoit. Both un-restricted. Both times they gave me tourny entrys that i didnt use. The $2000 package got me a polo shirt, a limited edition poker chip and a baseball cap.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:27 PM

So I guess it varies time to time? They gave be an unrestricted $10 too. The hinted in a follow-up email that they had a 'high roller' package. When I asked about that they sent me a reply that all a $2000 deposit gets me is an extra $200 in bonus money. I wonder if they'll call me again when I stop playing after the freebies are all used up.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:57 PM

Yup, I believe michael called me a couple weeks ago with a similar offer. It caught me by surprise and I took them up on their offer. However, there are still things that bug me so I won't be playing there until they are fixed.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:59 PM

they called me once, but my offer only was for a reload and one free tourney entry