Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:56 PM

Default T-Stone is a joke

I was in the Syracuse area yesterday, and not feeling like playing online, I call the Stone and find out they have a 15 game going. By the time I get there the game has broken, but they have a list for 20. At one point there were eight people sitting at the table with chips waiting to play 20, but the floor refused to call the list because the ninth player was playing 10/20, and he couldn't endanger that game to start another one. We even offered to play 20/40 HOE, but he said this might also attract that player. We weren't allowed to play 20 triple draw. This is the second time in a month I have been in that situation. I just can't understand the floors or the rules that they have there.
Has anybody else had similiar experiences there? I am personally getting fed up with driving 3 hours to have a choice of playing 10/20 or some b.s. no limit game.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: T-Stone is a joke

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the Syracuse area yesterday, and not feeling like playing online, I call the Stone and find out they have a 15 game going. By the time I get there the game has broken, but they have a list for 20. At one point there were eight people sitting at the table with chips waiting to play 20, but the floor refused to call the list because the ninth player was playing 10/20, and he couldn't endanger that game to start another one. We even offered to play 20/40 HOE, but he said this might also attract that player. We weren't allowed to play 20 triple draw. This is the second time in a month I have been in that situation. I just can't understand the floors or the rules that they have there.
Has anybody else had similiar experiences there? I am personally getting fed up with driving 3 hours to have a choice of playing 10/20 or some b.s. no limit game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the higher limit money has simply dried up makeing it difficult to run these games. they set the rules in place so that no game currently running is effect. i dont like them ethier and have complained. maybe if enough of us do they will change.

.... but as for callin the nl game bs? its very juicy and you can make a nice hourly rate. definately sit in one while your waiting.