Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 02:15 PM

Default AQo, first hand of the day. How do you guys like it?

Looking back at the hand, I think I played it very weak. But with no reads and MP1 raising preflop, I didn't really like the hand and was kind of lost.

I think I should have semi bluffed the turn and when I clicked check, I had to pull my mouse out of my ass. When the board paired on the river I started thinking. OK, what hands will call? What hands will check raise, if I do bet? I couldn't see a worse hand calling and couldn't see folding a better hand. So like a man who loves men (not me BTW), I checked.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 07-26-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: AQo, first hand of the day. How do you guys like it?

I'd say fire at that turn and then check behind on the river.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:24 PM

I think it's close between taking the free card and going for the semibluff, but with UTG+2 still in the hand, I think taking the free card is fine.

I hope you won it, so you can take the money and buy a new mouse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 02:24 PM

How's this for wierdness?

If your plan was to check a river brick, the I think you should have value bet the turn.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:25 PM

yeah, turn is a clear bet. river is a bet/fold. i like it. i also sometimes have trouble playing the first hand. i feel like my opponents won't play me straight-forward because i just sat down.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Whether or not you check or bet the turn depends on your read. If these are the kind of guys who like to peel any flop and see what the turn brings, fire away. If they're willing to fold the flop w/o a hand, you'd rather see a free river w/ your NFD because that trey is unlikely to make them love whatever they have any less. River check behind is good. I'd be pretty happy if I wasn't shown a 7.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 PM

pardon my ignorance, but i've been seeing this term several times and don't really have a good definition for it.

what is "peel"?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pardon my ignorance, but i've been seeing this term several times and don't really have a good definition for it.

what is "peel"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The outer shell of a fruit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It is to call and see another card. As in to peel another one off the deck.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:38 PM

Bet turn, folding to a check/raise. The turn 3-flush and no high card limits the number of hands he can reasonably call with. So a fold is fairly likely.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How's this for wierdness?

If your plan was to check a river brick, the I think you should have value bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is kind of weird. Why would I do that?

Like I said, I was a little lost in this one. If I value bet the turn and was check raised, would I still fold the river UI? I would have to say yes. But value betting the turn may fold a hand like AQ, KQ or any other non diamond hand not matching?

The problem with me is, If I value bet the turn and got even one caller, I'm 'value' betting the river, and then I'm lost and stuck with a W$@SD stat below 50%. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I guess this is why I posted this hand. My later street play is horrific.