Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 03:24 PM

Default 10/25 hand

guy to my immediate right is tilting. other guy not in the hand is passive and weak-tight. Villian made a tough but correct call earlier with AQ on a AQJ4 2 diamond board against ATxx with diamonds.

so with 2k behind for the river action, this look good?

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha High, $25 BB (4 handed) converter

Button ($1574)
SB ($4563)
BB ($2330)
Hero ($3078)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $75, BB calls $60.

Flop: ($255) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($255) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $255</font>, SB folds, MP raises to $1020. Hero calls?
Old 07-24-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: 10/25 hand

most likely a bluff or semi-bluff if the guy is tilting.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most likely a bluff or semi-bluff if the guy is tilting.

[/ QUOTE ] WHY?!?
id check this turn most likely. i assume this was checkraise from the BB even though the converter says MP?
given the way you played it, his raise is def looking suspicious, but i almost never see a bluff here... it looks like you can very easily have the nuts here.
i guess youd been playing short with him a while and had pos on him for the river so it looks alright...
are you gonna make a big call on the end if it blanks off and he moves in? i assume no, but maybe you should/could? if you arent going to call the river unimproved (jesus.), it think you prob shouldve folded to turn CR. what is your plan if the board pairs over you and he checks? move in? bet 1200? is he gonna pay that off with a straight?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:05 PM

Tough hand Bugstud. I played one almost exactly like it last night. You say the guy is tilting, but how heavy? Would he really do this with anything you beat or have outs on? Fold to the c/r.

Also, I would have probably bet the flop. My standard continuation bet is about 2/3rds of the pot shorthanded but that's a style thing.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough hand Bugstud. I played one almost exactly like it last night. You say the guy is tilting, but how heavy? Would he really do this with anything you beat or have outs on? Fold to the c/r.

Also, I would have probably bet the flop. My standard continuation bet is about 2/3rds of the pot shorthanded but that's a style thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if he does this with broadway, you're saying to fold here? we've got plenty of money left on the river and he's shown a tendency to make "tough" calls
Old 07-24-2005, 09:43 PM

I fold but it's close. Please attack my reasoning if I'm off as I've been playing a lot of limit poker lately.

If you count the Queens as outs for a split, discounting them maybe down to 1.5 outs because they probably aren't live, you have got six outs to fill up and one for quads so we are look 9ish outs to win or split on a good day. Then, if he has diamond redraw with broadway things are looking grimmer. I'd find a fold here but it's close. If you call what is your river plan? I hope you snapped off a bluff as this pot could get juicy. I just don't think I've got enough equity here in most situations to gamble in a small pot (on the turn).

BTW I still bet the flop.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:23 PM

I'd fold. I can't see him doing this with something you beat. If he led the turn, I'd say KJ with a redraw was a possibility or a straight diamond draw, but his c/r screams straight. If he was going to semibluff I think he would have led out, not c/r.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:09 AM

6 to fill? I think it's more like 7/8, he may hold 1-2 of them

fwiw I make quads and am paid by broadway
Old 07-25-2005, 11:40 PM

Any other opinions on this player Bug?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any other opinions on this player Bug?

[/ QUOTE ]

he ate my lunch the next day. it happens [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]