Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2003, 05:47 AM

Default A silly post about LUCK.....

I never used to believe in luck......until recently. I play in a very good 5-10 Stud 8 or better game. There are 9 players (rotating deal, dealer sits out)4 are good ( including myself) the other 5 are pure gamblers. We have been playing once a week for 5 years straight.
Within the last few months, lets say 6, I have been getting nothing but piss poor starting cards. Hands like J, A,5 or 9,10,4 etc. I fold like I am supposed to, and continue to watch the sheep get fleeced by the other 3 good players.
I guess what I am asking is, what do you guys/girls do to change your luck periodically? I am willing to try anything short of sacrificing a virgin. one of the better players in the game tells me that it only seems that I get an inordinate amount of 9,10,j etc as starters.I have been keeping track and know this not to be true. Help please, I need this 100 pound gorilla off of my back. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 12:45 PM

Default Re: A silly post about LUCK.....

Luck, be definition, is not changeable.

However, every once in a while, sacrificing a virgin is good for the soul regardless.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:17 PM

Default A sillier answer (Boris, you may be able to use this soon)

The wedding ring goes on and off depending on how I'm catching cards. It starts on, and stays on if I'm doing ok. it comes off after a couple of bad beats or straight up losses.
If I string together three bad sessions in a row, it's time to break out the fishing rod and take some time off. If I go back to even more losses, the long rod comes out and the trout get threatened.
When all else fails, a bottle of bookers and a viewing of strange brew/dogma/caddyshack (in that order) is called for.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:09 PM

Default A silly response about LUCK.....

Luck, is not anything you can do to change, other than not be there. If you are looking to pick up your spirits, which will not affect your cards, but may make you feel better, you can use the Mike Caro affirmation "I am a lucky winning player, a powerful winning force surrounds me" say it 3 times, and if you say it out loud, you may scare your opponents.