Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 09:30 PM

Default JJ .25/.50 Short-handed

So I finally decided to take a stab at .25/.50. I think it may be a bit premature, but I have the bankroll for it, and I can always move down. Here's a hand I'm not sure how well I played. I think I should've employed a WA/WB line here. IE: check/call check/call bet/call.

Reads: Villain here has been running quite hot. Hitting a lot of straights, flushes. Flopping trips. He's played all of these hands pretty aggressively. I can't say that he's a LAG because he's showing down some very strong hands and playing them very aggressively. Because of this, I'm lax to let this one go if he does raise on the river. Thoughts?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB
Old 07-24-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: JJ .25/.50 Short-handed

Hey Bool -
I'm not going to lie - it's a tough spot to be in when you get raised on this flop. You said he's aggressive and he's been running hot...did he fastplay the flop when hit trips or did he wait till the turn? That plays a big part in how I decide I'm going to proceed here.

Avoiding the classic WA/WB line here is fine. I don't like checking this flop when you're HU and you were the PF aggressor. Afterall you'd bet this every time w/ an A.
I'd prefer to bet/fold the turn. Regardless of the turn action, I think you can safely check/fold this river. Minus a donkish read you can't think he has a naked 9, so you have to give him credit for either an A or a flush, right?
Old 07-24-2005, 02:00 AM

Don't start thinking WA/WB on the flop when villain hasn't bet once. Once he raises I don't think we're any good and fold, but my went to showdown is pretty [censored] low lately so be wary of my advice.

Edit: Thought it was 6 handed, maybe you have to see this one through 4 handed. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 02:15 AM

This is a bit of a tough spot. He's representing the A and he did coldcall PF so it's possible, but I don't know if you can give him credit for it just because he raised the flop.

Your flop bet is good. I'd probably dump it on the turn now that there's another overcard, but I think it's close. Calling down doesn't seem too bad, but I don't expect to win here very often.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:38 AM

This is fine.