Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 12:15 AM

Default QQ: Raise, reraise, all-in raise (that was a check raise) - Call w/PO?

I was just in a small $5+.50 tourney on UB that had like 900 people in it. One hand came up that I thought was very interesting.

I had just been moved to a table that was fairly aggressive. A lot of preflop raising and a lot of continuation bets on the flop. The blinds were only 10/20 at the time when I picked up QQ in the BB.

There are three people who limp infront of me when a raise from MP2 (whom I considered one of the more conservative players at the table) came. He made it 130 to go. The action was folded back around to me where I reraised to 300. Had bad position and wanted to win the pot right there. Two of the three limpers fold when the third limper goes all in for the rest of his chips. 635 to be exact. The initial bettor thought for a while and then dropped his hand. Then I thought for a while and weighed everything out and finally called. But do you think it was a good call? Here is some of the stuff I was thinking about when I made the call.

Pot Odds

I figured that if I was behind to AA or KK it was 4-to-1 against me. The pot was laying almost that. Here was the action and how the pot got built up to where I had my final decision.

UTG calls 20 (PS: 50)
UTG+2 calls 20 (PS: 70)
MP1 calls 20 (PS: 90)
MP2 raises to 130 (PS: 220)
I reraise to 300 (Already posted 20) (PS: 500)
UTG folds
UTG+2 folds
MP1 check-raises all-in 635 (Already called 20) (PS: 1115)
MP2 folds
I call 335 more

The pot was giving me 3.3-to-1 odds. I thought that I had a lot of his possible hands beaten and I was only a dog to AA or KK. This I thought was favorable for me.

Position

There was no second thoughts about position. I would be able to get to see this hand down to the end if I called and wouldn't have a bad position and be first to act. Favorable.

Observation

I had watched this player limp in a lot of pots and call some bets on the flop, with nothing. I thought he was starting to be getting desperate and would make a move with any reasonable hand (most of which I thought I had beaten). Favorable.

So would you of called this in the end?

Ill let you know the results and what happened shortly.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: QQ: Raise, reraise, all-in raise (that was a check raise) - Call w

Bump
Old 07-23-2005, 06:25 PM

Easy easy call. It is very unlikely he is limping aces or kings behind two limpers and that is all you have to worry about.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:45 PM

Ya. My thinking was along the same lines.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: QQ: Raise, reraise, all-in raise (that was a check raise) - Call w/PO?

I see bad players do this with a med. pocket pair 77-99 because they want to call that big raise and automatically figure they're best because they have a pair and push the rest in. I don't think you'll see aces or kings too often-definitely call.