Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 05:17 PM

Default pokerworld.com/20% \"topless\" bonus

from pokerworld website...

"Now, every time you make a new deposit with PokerWorld (minimum $20), we'll "top up" your account with a FREE 20% BONUS. Take advantage of our "topless bonus" by depositing as much and as often as you like. There is no restrictions on the total amount of the bonus or on the number of bonuses you can receive. In other words, it's a continuous reload bonus/rakeback offer and it's only available from PokerWorld.com!"

http://www.pokerworld.com/promotions/default.htm

This promotion just came out today and sent to my e-mail box, previously they offered a "one-time" deposit as do all the other sites. I've been playing the site for about a month and received my initial deposit-bonus (playing-time-required comparable to all other sites). Have had no problems making 4 deposits and two withdrawals (thru neteller) and now that they're owned by OlympicSports, I can't see any reason for concern w/my money on deposit.

And check out their additional "bonus-offers" in the link above, very attractive. I'll not try to pull anyone's weenie here, the site can get snug (shilly) due to the various bonus-offer's attractiveness to poker-knits, but there's also not alotta action there which could change quickly, and these guys' bonus-offers are hard to match.

at pokerworld i beez my alter-ego, "mrducks"
Old 07-22-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: pokerworld.com/20% \"topless\" bonus

Equivalent of 20% rakeback. There is much better out there.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:54 PM

I think it is more like 10% rakeback since only half of your contributed rake counts towards the bonus (if it is still the same as before and the same as Dobrosoft's other rooms). Also it is based on the amount of contributed rake not rake/# of players so it is probably more like 7% rakeback depending on how loose you are and how full the game is.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:38 PM

Is there some super weird formula for gross rake generated they use?

Another obersvation is at first glance the rake structure is worse than Party's in alot of cases!

[ QUOTE ]

As you play on the PokerWorld tables (.25/.50 limit table or higher), your bonus bucks are converted to real money at the rate of $1 for every $5 in gross rake generated

[/ QUOTE ]