Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Tuff one

Loose table.

Button is passive.
C/O is bad, loose calling station. overplays top and 2nd pair.
Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

The flop action was not normal for this loose/passive table.
I felt I had the C/O beat (he was down to about 3 BB's.
The button, I was fairly sure he had me beat, since he rarely raises.
It looked too good to fold-spewing?

Turn: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ??

Getting 4.25 to 1, possibly worse if 3bet.
Very tainted OESD.
Could be drawing dead, or to a split pot at this point.
How many outs do you figure I have at this point?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Tuff one

Gotta call that. Your two pair or trips outs might be outs, and your OESD should at least split the pot.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 handed

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. Flop play is good.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:51 PM

I put the button on KJ, 77 or (if you are extremely lucky) J7s. You are drawing dead to zero of these. I'm not convinced that the Ks in the deck are worth a full 2 outs. They can probably be discounted to 1.25 or so. You have 8 cards that make you a straight that likely beats anyone in the hand. Since a runner runner flush is possible (but not likely), let's give you 7 outs for those. And hell, let's be generous and say the remaining queens are worth 1.75 outs (as it's unlikely that someone has AT or a flush draw here). You have 10 outs to improve to a hand that is a likely winner. This will happen about 22% of the time. You have to call 2 bets to win 11 bets. Let's proceed under the assumption you don't have the best hand. Ignoring future action, you need to improve to the best hand 1 in 6.5 times to call profitably here. You are getting more than enough overlay from the pot for a call here. Implied odds make it a clear call and also make up for the times we are drawing dead to a set (even though this has already sort of been factored in the original outs count). Call and suck out.