Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2003, 01:22 AM

Default Hotels in Las Vegas

Im going to Las Vegas 11-21 of april. We are 2 people. Does anyone know some good offers on hotelrooms?
I have found luxor to be one of the cheapest hotels on the strip with 930$ for the period. Can it be cheaper?(on the strip) [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Hotels in Las Vegas

Imperial Palace, Barbary Coast and the Frontier generally are the cheapest places on the strip. And they are all very close to the Mirage.

Rick

Rick
Old 03-01-2003, 03:27 PM

You can't get much cheaper than the Westward Ho. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's on the strip - in close proximity to the Stardust and much more centrally located than the Luxor.

Last time I checked it was $39 a night for weeknights and $49 for weekends. If you stayed there your lodging costs might be 1/2 what they are at the Luxor.

However, the "Ho" is about the same quality as a Motel 6 and is not really a 'resort' type hotel. So, if you are just looking for a bed and a shower then that's a viable option. If you want to live it up a little then the Luxor is a good choice. You might check Bally's as well - it's right across the street from the Bellagio and within walking distance of nearly everything. The weekends are going to be high but weeknights should be reasonable.

Have fun!
Old 03-01-2003, 03:44 PM

Hello,

i am going in March, to Luxor, i pay 69$ a night (special internet offer), you can also stay in Excabilur, 39$ a night if you book late on the internet.. i stayed in Stardust for 25$ (poker rate) in the Back of the hotel. The stratophere is also very cheap, i saw rooms for just 19$ a night. so check it out. on www.lasvegasadvisor.com [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 11:52 AM

www.travelaxe.com
Old 03-03-2003, 04:00 PM

Orleans, not on the strip but a 5 minute free shuttle ride from it. Great hotel, nice rooms, good service, nice poker room, very reasonable poker room rates. (I got a room in July there for $35 a night.)
Old 03-03-2003, 04:06 PM

Thanks for all the posts.
They have been most helpfull!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:56 AM

A great tool for finding the cheapest rates is Travelaxe. You can download it from www.travelaxe.com - it checks the hotel website, plus a bunch of online reservation networks for you. I did a quick check on your dates and some deals on hotels comparable to Luxor that looked pretty good were the tropicana (strip) for $804, Sahara (strip) $664, Golden Nugget (downtown) $773, all the Station hotels were between about $560 to $660, Orleans $795 . Lots of other hotels of higher and lower quality and price listed.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:52 PM

Apparently you can sometimes get good deals for the Aladdin through www.travelworm.com. I've never stayed there, but I understand it's one of the nicest hotels on the strip. For the hotels in the Mandalay Bay Resort group (Luxor, Monte Carlo, Mandalay Bay, Excalibur), check the hotel's own web site. They give calendars with the rates for particular days. But check back frequently; the rates change from day to day. Once you've made a reservation through the web site, if the rate for one or more days during your reservation goes down you can telephone them and they'll adjust your reservation to the lower rate. The Monte Carlo is a nice enough hotel, nothing special, but the location is great if you want to play poker because of the tram to Bellagio.

If you don't mind spending a little bit extra, call the Bellagio's poker office (888-987-6537) and ask for a reservation at their poker rate. It's generally $129 weekdays and $199 weekends. I think they require six hours of play per day in their poker room (at any limit). If you like nice hotels, then the Bellagio is worth the extra money.

I've stayed at the Luxor, which was okay. I stayed in the pyramid for its novelty value (the "inclinators" are kind of cool) but the tower rooms are supposed to be nicer. Note that room service at both Luxor and Monte Carlo is not very good (www.luxor.com; www.monte-carlo.com).

You might want to check out the web site of Paris Las Vegas (www.parislv.com) for its rate calendar. It's supposed to be a nice hotel, and sometimes they have good rates.

I've stayed at the Flamingo a couple of times (www.flamingolv.com); I wouldn't recommend it. But it's often pretty cheap and I'm sure nicer than Imperial Palace, for example.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:13 AM

Anyone who would order room service while in Vegas has got to have a monetary death wish :-)

Why pay $24.95 for a meal you can get for $1.95.

Best of Luck

Howard