Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Overplayed AA?

$4-$8 at the same B&M the latest WSOP champ is from.

Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 4 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 3-bets, fold, Hero caps, all call
[Well UTG+1's 3bet was a bit odd, and he striked me as a decent player, the other two are Tpassives]

Flop: (4 players) 16SB 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, BB bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 caps, all call.
[Well I was planning to checkraise, not check 3bet, but I doubt anyone has an 8 with the capped preflop, and only QQs are beating me here, and I really don't think UTG+1 has them. I put him on a AQ or KQ and the Tpassive on a Q or a flush draw.

Turn: (4 players) 32SB 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 caps, all call.
[the 2 is a rag. yeah didn't expect the cap, he just seems to be chip spewing to me now, and the other two are along for the ride.]

River: (4 players) 32 BB 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, fold, UTG raises allin $14, UTG raises allin $26, Hero calls.
[let me know what you think, this hand was a real headbang for me.]

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Overplayed AA?

I slow down when UTG+1 raises me on the turn. And given the action on the river, I think you can make a very strong case for folding when it's $18 back to you, even with both opponents going all-in. Of course, I would've checked with the intention of calling 1 bet there.

I think the best case scenario here is that UTG has a Q & figured he'd only have $6 left if he called so might as well push, and UTG+1 is holding the other 2 aces. Unless these guys are total idiots, I don't see any other feasible way for you to not lose this one.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Overplayed AA?

I hate the flop check.

What happened to BB on the river?

I don't consider either UTG player to be "decent" if they're letting their stacks dwindle below 12BBs.