Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:11 PM

Default kelly19hoty

First post on here although I have been playing party 400, 600 and 2000 NL games daily for about the last 2 years.. Previous screen names were Bodisafa and Agoldagold in case any of the regulars were not familiar with my current screen name of Kelly19hoty.. I would very much appreciate any criticism of my game or notes that you might have on me.. Please feel free to trash me.. Thank you very much -hotkelly
Old 07-13-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: kelly19hoty

[ QUOTE ]
First post on here although I have been playing party 400, 600 and 2000 NL games daily for about the last 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure about that? The reason I ask is because Party just opened (real money) poker tables > NL200 around March 2005.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:28 PM

and i dont recognize your name at all.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i dont recognize your name at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive played agoldagold many times at $200NL and $400 NL so he is a real person. I havent been playing Party that much lately so I really cant remember much about him other than I dont forget names like that.

Obviously he hasnt been playing $400NL and higher that long at Party though.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First post on here although I have been playing party 400, 600 and 2000 NL games daily for about the last 2 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure about that? The reason I ask is because Party just opened (real money) poker tables > NL200 around March 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

The man has a point.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:05 PM

Hi Kelly,

Here's a forum tip. Posters here are amazing detectives. I'm always astonished about the types of lies people get caught in on this forum. One time i posted a hand here that was just slightly inaccurate and within 5 minutes the actual hand history was posted by another user and my screenname (which i had concealed) was revealed.

Welcome to 2+2 !
Old 07-13-2005, 09:35 PM

Hey aggie, this is bruiser's friend that played with you at the Wynn. Kelly, i dont understand the point of buying in for 15bbs at then raising half your stack with QQ. Isnt the point of buying in short so that you get action by inferior hands so that it's so little for them to call your all in?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Posters here are amazing detectives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah..
contrary to what alot of the content shows lately, people here are pretty smart.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 AM

JCMoussa..
I buy in for 555 at each table.. 37 BB's.
Let me recap the hand. I was BB, there were about 5 or 6 Limpers on a table that normally had a preflop raise. I felt that I had the best hand at the time and that obvouisly there were hands that beat me all over. Rather than raise it 100 and get in a bad situation when and if an over card fell, I decided to simply take the $120 pot down right there. I did not want to move "all in" as a person with AK would have been able to see all 5 cards. Rather I bet half my chip stack at 250 so that if indeed a person called me with AK and it came up 3 blanks, I would be able to move all in and he/she would most likely lay it down. That was my logic. I'm letting you know my thought process in that situation, I'm not defending my play or saying it was the correct play. Bye the way, Hotkelly up 200 BB's in 4 hours last night. I'm sure for a guy that 4 tables 2000 buy ins this is not all that impressive. But for a guy that only buys in for 37 BB's, It is not bad. I finally got some back from Kristelita as she paid off my set twice last night.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 AM

And to answer your other question JCmoussa, yes, the point of buying in for 555 is to get tons of action with inferior hands. You would be surprised, I get all the action I could ask for. When its only another 200 bucks, people will call with 2nd pair, or a flush or straight draw all day long. These same people won't call a 2000 all in bet with the same hand however. My logic is that I get all the action I want and i'm not scared to push on hands that I think I'm ahead on. I'm not risking 3000 on a very good hand that could be beat by a draw or a set, but rather 500. I'm not advocating this style of play, but my bankroll can't support a bad run of cards and a 15k loss in one session.
Closed Thread