Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 PM

Default AJo against LPP

First off I'm posting in Micro b/c Small Stakes has seemed to gone to [censored].

BB and UTG are both LPP. Feel free to make comments on all streets

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero????</font>
Old 07-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: AJo agains LPP

if you think you have the best hand bet. if not check and see what the river brings.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: AJo agains LPP

Thats what I thought to do, but I feel sometimes that I'm being overly Aggresive when hands like this don't hit.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: AJo against LPP

Are they so passive they will call down with any 2 cards and try to spike a pair, or are they passive and will only call down with a pair or a draw?

If they will call down with any 2 cards, I would bet here. If they will only call down with a pair or a draw, I would take a free card and try to make my flush or a pair.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:38 PM

I'm learning these LPP's will call down consistently with middle/bottom pair. Attempts to go aggro on them with an Ace high can't be good. You're lucky to outkick their Ace if they haven't hit anything.

One overcard and a BDNFD. 3 outs to an Ace and the J is dirty to a Q.

I'm check/calling the Turn looking for my Ace or diamond on the River.

~
Old 07-14-2005, 07:01 PM

Since they're passive players I don't know why you wouldn't bet here in position.

Consider... If you bet, you may have the best hand and they may call or fold.. If you don't have the best hand, you have about 12 outs to the best hand, which you can then bet again on the river for some more value.

If you check here, one of them may decide to bet the river despite their passiveness. Then you must decide to call or not. But if you bet the turn and miss your hand, theres also a good chance they check to you again and you get to show down for free.

Either way you can probably get away with a showdown for 1BB if you miss, and if you hit, you've got an extra bet in there.

Comments?

TJ
Old 07-14-2005, 07:08 PM

Given the reads, I'd check behind. You're likely not going to win without a showdown against 2 loose players, and you won't hit/win UI often enough to justify raising for value IMO.

edit: The reply wasn't really addressed to Teajay, just general thoughts. To Teajay: if one of the passive players finds a bet on the river, I don't think we need to see a showdown UI. I think getting a free showdown has more merit against players that might try to push you off a better hand if you check behind the turn.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:11 PM

evans-

i usually bet this turn.

i call this play a "semi-bluff". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

seriously, i think there is a a chance, maybe almost 20% chance, they both fold to the turn bet. and you have outs to connect with and/or take a free showdown.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:11 PM

its close either way, though i'd prefer checking.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Results.

Thanks for everyone's Imput. I ended up betting this turn and both folded. After I bet I thought to my-self that this was a real iffy bet so I posted to find out what others would do. Again Thanks everyone!