Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Flopped Trips on UB 200

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed) converter

UTG ($114.15)
UTG+1 ($70.90)
UTG+2 ($138)
MP1 ($50.60)
MP2 ($457)
MP3 ($202.85)
CO ($226.75)
Button ($25)
SB ($265.15)
Hero ($200)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $2, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Button folds, SB calls $20.

Turn: ($70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $45</font>, SB calls $45.

River: ($160) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $160</font>
Hero?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Flopped Trips on UB 200

gonna need reads but I say he has fullhouse or is bluffing a missed flush draw.

if I feel he is incapable of a bluff on a missed draw, I fold here.

preflop, I like a raise to $12.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:40 PM

I have no reads at all literlerly my first hand at the table
I was in the BB and don't like raising AJ o out of position
Old 07-12-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop, I like a raise to $12.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never do this with AJo in the blinds at a full table-- what do you do if you're called, the flop comes A-high and you get action (to simplify, lets say the flop is relatively drawless, too)? You're out of position and might be severly dominated (AQ is a hand that often limps, but will call a raise). I know its a general question, but I don't like playing big pots out of position with a hand like this.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Tough spot; I don't know the game on UB well enough to comment on what an average unknown might do here. As amoeba said, it looks like either a boat or a missed draw. I probably call and puke when he flips over A5.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:48 PM

by raising preflop out of the blinds, I represent a very strong hand.

Yes I will be out of position for the hand but I won't be out of position against multiple players.

if played at on the flop, I can decide on the flop whether I'm best or not. Its obvious what hand I'm representing if there is an A on the flop and I bet it and thus I can better define it. I usually don't have to worry about villain with 2 pair, I don't have to worry about villain with A higher kicker.

Where as with a limped pot, you flop an A, you don't know if villain is playing back with A worse kicker (AT, A9 because he thinks he has you outkicked) or whether he has 2 pair.

In otherwords, when I raise with the hand, I can actually find out where I am much cheaper than when I limp the hand and flop is not automatic check fold if it comes all unders.

I don't do this at 50 and below but I feel at 200s and maybe select 100s, raising out of the blinds with AJ is fine. Its even better if its fullring as people are generally tighter, more sensible.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:52 PM

If there is just one ace it is highly possible that someone flopes two bullshit pair a set a straight draw etc.
When everybody limps and I hit 2 aces with a jack kicker I expect that I have the best hand. I have folded trips many times when I was sure I was behind but here I was sure I was ahead. I called and will post shortly.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 PM

I've raised AQ out of the blinds, gotten called by AK and then lost a bundle on an A-high flop with a flush draw out (causing me to play a fairly big pot to give the possible flush draw bad odds). Now, obviously, that is just bad results influencing play but I felt I was likely ahead the whole way because AK usually raises. With AJ, I have two hands that can screw me (AK and AQ). Maybe I will try raising out of the blinds with AJ the next few times it happens and see how it goes. Are you raising ATo as well?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:02 PM

I dont raise with ace 10 or jack there I hate those hands
Old 07-12-2005, 07:05 PM

I haven't raised AT as of yet. I think I'm less likely to do so with early position limpers in full ring.

I do it fairly often in 6 max though.

if you are playing with guys who open limp AK/AQ then yeah, it sucks, but typically this is not the case.

my most hated situation is mid position minraises and I find myself with AJ or AT in the blinds.