Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Mirage vs. MGM

I am taking my son to Vegas for his 21st B-Day and my younger 35 brother, they are both new to Vegas. I have played often at the Bellagio and stayed Last Oct. at Mirage. The MGM Poker room sounds good but I have never stayed there. What are your suggestions?

I have the Poker Room rate at the Mirage and can not get an answer on the Poker room rate at MGM, so that is a big advantage for Mirage. Also it is close to Bellagio another advantage.
They both play a lot online but at 5-10 level so that may be a point for MGM, softer lower limits and lots of tourists.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Mirage vs. MGM

[ QUOTE ]
I am taking my son to Vegas for his 21st B-Day and my younger 35 brother, they are both new to Vegas. I have played often at the Bellagio and stayed Last Oct. at Mirage. The MGM Poker room sounds good but I have never stayed there. What are your suggestions?

I have the Poker Room rate at the Mirage and can not get an answer on the Poker room rate at MGM, so that is a big advantage for Mirage. Also it is close to Bellagio another advantage.
They both play a lot online but at 5-10 level so that may be a point for MGM, softer lower limits and lots of tourists.
Any suggestions appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are playing 5/10 online they should easily be able to hang with the 10 and 20 games at The Mirage. When I was at the MGM they never had anything higher than a 10 game.

If I was going to Vegas with some first timers I would stay at The Mirage over The MGM Grand. The location of The Mirage is almost unbeatable in my mind. You can easily walk to The Bellagio, Ceasars, The Wynn, and others. If you want to go down to the MGM and Mandalay you can just take the monorail.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:19 PM

If you are looking for good poker rates, the Wynn has $129 a night weekdays and $199 on weekends.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM

I think the other two replies are good, especially since I don't know what the Mirage rate is. I think they'll be able to clean up at the 10-20 (at least). I'd also like to add that all dads should be this cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM

Here's a link that has the information you're looking for.

In my experience, the Bellagio has been a great place to stay and play. The games, hotel, location are all great.

Good luck.

http://www.pokerkicksass.com/RoomInfo.html
Old 07-19-2005, 11:54 PM

Go to wynn and they can play 8-16 and 1-3 NL
Old 07-20-2005, 12:22 AM

Mirage and no it's not close.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 AM

According to the PokerRoom manager at the MGM, the poker rate is $40 off the published rate. So Weekends it comes in around $139 but depends on how they rate that weekend (I saw one weekend which was $249 a night retail so $209 for poker rate).
Old 07-20-2005, 10:46 AM

My girlfriend and I have stayed at the Mirage several times using the poker rate and have really enjoyed it. I think $99/night during the week is a great value to stay somewhere that nice. Great location, and your son will probably like playing in the 6-12 game there, which I have found to always be very passive and very beatable.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:56 AM

The Mirage and its not even close.
I stayed at the MGM Grand in May and they could not get any limit games higher than 4-8 going that weekend. I spoke with a brush there and he basically said that they were not going to try and compete with Wynn (which had opened the week before) and the newly remodeled Bellagio room for the middle limit players.
The Mirage has very soft games from 6-12 through 20-40, and they spread them all the time.