Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 04:26 PM

Default 6-12 Flopped 2 pair. I won?!?!

Very loose 6-12 with lots of bad players.

Amusing hand. Only real question is whether or not I should call pre-flop.

I have 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] in BB.

Very loose UTG raiser raises. 6 cold-callers to me. I figure I'll call and only continue if I flop two pair, trips, a flush, and MAYBE a flush draw. What do you think of this call? 16SB.

Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

Boy, that's my flop. I bet. UTG calls. MP raises. LP calls 2. Button calls 2. I 3-bet. UTG folds. MP, LP, and Button call. All of these players are terrible. 29SB.

7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] (Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] )

I like it. I bet. MP calls all-in. LP folds. Button calls. 17BB.

7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] (7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] )

Dammit. I toss my hand over and say "that killed my hand," expecting to lose to all-in, but maybe chop it up with something like 9T/9J.

Button shows A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] and folds. All-in looks at his two smaller diamonds and folds as well.

Ni han!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:26 PM

Default Re: 6-12 Flopped 2 pair. I won?!?!

I figure I'll call and only continue if I flop two pair, trips, a flush, and MAYBE a flush draw. What do you think of this call

The main reason to make this correct pre-flop call is to flop a flush draw. It would be very poor poker to fold a flush draw on the flop.

You should often bet the river with a counterfeited hand hoping to get your opponent to fold.

Old 02-19-2003, 06:40 PM

Default Re: 6-12 Flopped 2 pair. I won?!?!

The main reason to make this correct pre-flop call is to flop a flush draw. It would be very poor poker to fold a flush draw on the flop.

These opponents were easy to read, so the maybe a flush draw comment was based on the fact that I'd likely be able to tell if there was a higher flush draw out and act accordingly.

You should often bet the river with a counterfeited hand hoping to get your opponent to fold.

I often do. In this case, I wasn't worried about the remaining opponent. I was pretty sure he was on a draw and if he had a nine he was definitely calling. I thought the all-in guy probably had a weak queen, though.