Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 05:33 PM

Default NEWBIES: heres how to read the low hands

Hello new omaha players, Adam here. Sometimes, I play a character called ADAMtheExpert. he's rather BRASS, and obnoxious, so I think we'll despense with ATE, for this article.

Anyway, I saw the question regarding a player who did not understand why his 23 was not the winning low.

First of all, to that person (and all others who feel silly about this) Understand, that this is a rather common problem with new, and even not-so-new players: SO DON'T FEEL BAD.

Fortunately, I am here to give a detailed, and easy-to-understand answer to this issue.

Ok, first off, remember that anytime you pair one of your hole cards, with a board card, IT AINT GOOD! If you do not have another low card in your hand, and you pair a whole card YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THE NUT LOW, UNLESS IT'S A WHEEL.

Ok, let's consider that rule number one, know it, learn it, live it.

Always, always remember, that the best low hand will consist of the two lowest cards, THAT ARE NOT ALREADY ON THE BOARD!

Ok, pretty simple, once you know the rule.

Let's go over some examples, so we can see it clearly.

Board: A 3 6 K 8 different suits

Now, since we have an ace on the board, the next lowest card in the deck, is of course a deuce (two) Ok, the trey (three) is also there, so the next lowest card, is the 4

Thus, the "nut" low, is a 2-4

board: A 2 3 6 7

Well, here we have the A23 there, so the best low is 4,5

Ok, here's where the tricky part begins. When there are four or more low cards on the board, the lows can be tricky to read, when you're new.

with the board of

A 2 4 6 9, notice how although 3,5 would be the best low, anyone having a 3 with an Ace, two, four or six, would have a "six four" low (which would be the second low, and would win low, if no one had the 3-5

Ok, now here's where some go astray. with the above board, anyone who had a 37 BUT NO A 2 4 OR 6 in there hand, would NOT have a "six four" but would have a "seven-four" low, and would NOT win, unless no one had a better low, which would be very very unlikely.

EVEN THOUGH THE OTHER PLAYERS COPIED (PAIRED) ONE OR MORE LOW CARDS IN THERE HAND, AND THIS PLAYER DID NOT PAIR ANY, the hands possessing a 3, with an A 2 4 or 6, would have a better low.

This is important to understand. Pairing low cards, does not mean that you dont' have ANY low, just not a very good one.

ok, hope this helps

Adam the helpful genius, and the TOTAL master in the subject of omaha.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: NEWBIES: heres how to read the low hands

Thank you, ADAMtheEXPERT. I am a new member here and I am new to O8 too. After reading all of your invaluable advices, it quickly improved my game. My Party poker account is up 200 grands in just one day after learning from you.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:55 PM

Oh dear god...do we all have to collectively blow this guy?

Adam, come sit next to me next time you're in Vegas at the Wynn or Mirage O/8 game. Would love to get some of your 20BB/hour rate you claim. And by the way, if you're such an expert, why don't we hear who you are since you've been quoted in SS2? Would definitely lend credibility to your militant omaha posts here on this forum...

Sticky [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
(who will blow no one for less than a starting hand of AA23, double suited to the Aces preflop)
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA23, double suited to the Aces preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free too list the other double suited options [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw is ribbo == ATE?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:22 PM

Look, you stupid ignorant scum, I don't need any
Damn sarcastic crap, from you or ANYONE.

Stupid fool, only an idiot like you, would make fun out of the TRUE fact, that ATE has helped soooo many people, who HAVE made a lot of money.

Get the hell out of my ARTICLE responces.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:26 PM

Again, I do'nt need any stupid F ing morons like you, to ruin my lessons, to people who WANT to learn.

No, I'm not that idiot RIBBO.

So I happen to make a tiny oversight, that of course any paired hand, can not be double suited BAD, instead of Double suited GOOD, you pluckin' dipstick.

No one, in the history of the world, goes into more detail, on more subjects, than ATE No one, has invented more or better expressions, such as "double suited good" double suited bad"

Get the hell off my article responces, I don't need morons like you, clogging my responces.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:33 PM

Look, you LYING, illiterate idiot, where in the f ing hell, are you getting these lies?

Why do'nt you spend a few years, learning to read?

ATE has never said that I win 20 big bets per hour. This would be impossible, for any one game. However, playing 4 games at a time, it's MORE than a reasonable amount.

But, I don't play four games, usually one, maybe two.

Next, had you been ABLE to read, you would have seen that ATE said that I have been quoted by Mark Gregorich, who was the omaha contributor to SSII. ATE did NOT say, you illiterate one, that ATE was quoted in SSII.

Why don't you learn how to read, and then how to remember and apply what you've read. It will really help your life.

And get the "f" out of my responces. I clearly, CLEARLY labeled this article, for new players, as it was clear that they needed help in reading the lows.

I don't need dipshts, like you and all the others who attempt to attack me.

You will NEVER win. If you do manage to succeed in getting ATE off this site, this will only prove that I won, not you.
It will show that you are too stupid and ignorant, to beat me with the facts, so you must resort to chickenshift tactics, and go crying to the management, like some punk-bass blitch.

And, I'll just find another site, then another then another then another.

Got the point, BASSPOLE?