Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 08:49 PM

Default loose 80-160 hand

Game is loose as hell and this was the hand I played

one limper to me in MP

I raise with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

folded to button who three bets

big blind calls, limper calls, I call.

K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

blind checks, limper checks, I bet, button raises, blind calls, limper folds, I three-bet, button capps, blind calls, i call.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

blind checks, I bet, button raises, blind calls, ....

comments?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: loose 80-160 hand

what's your question?

preflop is marginal but not the end of the world, later position would make it better.

flop you are doing good because blind is trapped in there with QJs or some crap.

turn is an automatic 3 bet because you want to trap the blind and button for more. dont start worrying about KK or something weak please, that's just silly to worry about that. button has AA or AK and blind is on a draw or a T so pound them both badly here please.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pound them both badly here please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 09:29 PM

ok

the rest of the action on turn is

I three-bet, button capps, blind folds

button is very confident when he raised me both times on the turn and his three-bets preflop usually means he has a three-betting hand.

could it be possible to find a fold on the river if I call the turn, or is it possible for me to fold this turn based on the action.

also this was a live hand, and on the turn before I bet into the button I made a comment "let's see where your at", not sure that will have any influence on the decision that I'm asking about though.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:32 PM

"could it be possible to find a fold on the river if I call the turn."

what planet are you from? you should bet the river and call one more raise. or if youre really that much of a wimp you can check-call. at this point im putting your opponent on ATs or a smaller boat, possibly KK.

"on the turn before I bet into the button I made a comment "let's see where your at""

dont do that, it's a tell. it screams strength.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

could it be possible to find a fold on the river if I call the turn, or is it possible for me to fold this turn based on the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaa? How could you fold anywhere in this hand? At least call down.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:36 PM

That's what I'm saying, obviously I have a very strong hand but the button capped me twice I can't possibly see how I can call here and bet the river again and call another bet.

but also the there is no capp to the betting when it becomes heads up in a pot.

So would you take this pot farther and 5bet him on the turn and lead the river?

if you 5bet the button and he 6betted you, would you then consider folding? or calling the 6bets and check/fold river?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:43 PM

i would NEVER fold a boat getting a zillion -1 on a call..they only chance of this ever happening is if he flipped his card faces up..showed me pocket kings then took the rest of my chips and ate them
Old 07-13-2005, 09:46 PM

Looks like you're trying to find ways to fold. If it were me, there's too much money in the pot to fold and my hand is too good. Sometimes when a guy puts in so many raises that you would logically think he has you beaten it's just that he's fallen in love with his hand. If I felt I was in trouble I'd just stop betting or raising and just call him down. If I lose, they'll deal another hand shortly.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:59 PM

i would never at any point in the hand consider folding the second nut. it's only a question of when to stop betting and raising and start checking and calling. after he 4 bets the turn i think it's fine to put in 1-2 bets more.

the higher you play the more shocked you will be at how strong people sometimes play AA, AK, trips of any sort etc. ill never forget when i had K8 and made trip 8s on the turn and some guy 5 bet me and i called him down and he 85 for trips no kicker. higher limits you should fold less and be less worried about someone having the absolute nuts when they go 4 bets on the turn.