Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:57 AM

Default 2 hands-- Trip 2\'s on 4th..., flush on 5th

2/4 7 stud high at pacific. .25 ante, 1$ bring in.

Hero 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian 1 XX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian 2 (idiot, sometimes loose passive, sometimes LAG)XX9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian 3 (calling station extraordinaire)XX6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian 4 XXT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- I bring in, villian's 2-4 call, Villian 1 raises, all call. Looking for an A or 2 on 4th.

Hero: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
1: XX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2: XX 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3: XX 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4: XX 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- Villian 2 1/2 bets 2$, 1 calls, I raise double to 6$, 4 folds, 3 cold calls 6$, 2 calls 4$, 1 calls 4$,

hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
1: XX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2: XX 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3: XX 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
-- 2 bets, 1 calls, hero raises, 3 folds, 2 calls, 1 calls

hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1: XX K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2: XX 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- Hero bets, 2 calls, 1 folds

hero: [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2: XX XX 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X
-- Hero bets, 2 calls, 2 mucks.

Final pot 25BB

Standard?

Hand 2:
Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian XX Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- Hero had to bring in, villian raised, hero called

Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian XX Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- Villian bets, hero raises (value, and to buy a free card on 5th), villian calls

Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian XX Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- Villian checks, hero bets, villian calls

Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- Villian checks, hero checks.

Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villian
XX Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X
-- Villian checks, hero bets, villian calls

Both good lines?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: 2 hands-- Trip 2\'s on 4th..., flush on 5th

The only thing I don't like is the 6th street check i hand #2. He is not going to bet there and you are just giving a free chance for villan to potentially fill up.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 AM

I hit a straight flush there, and had 4 to it showing on my board. That's why I checked.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:32 PM

Played fine.

Honestly I don't see why you posted them.. routine if you ask me..........

Only question is wether or not to bet 6th on hand 2. and that is player dependant. If he is likely to call no matter wht his holding... then bet 6th, if not.. the check is fine.

CJ
Old 07-12-2005, 03:06 PM

They felt like fairly routine big hands. But that's why I posted them.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm on the right track as I continue to learn the game. That is, I'm making the right plays for the right reasons.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:29 AM

"My, aren't these pretty hands I hit?"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm a little confused by the action in the first hand, because it seems like the high board doesn't always go first, and the action seems to go counterclockwise sometimes. But yeah, I usually raise when I hit trips early, and I usually push full houses and quads. I'm an action junkie.

On the second hand, bet fifth. You've been pounding the pot the whole way and check when you catch a fourth heart? It's going to look suspicious. It looks like the other guy has a hand. He's going to pay you off. Bet your damned hand already.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:51 PM

online I'd bet sixth with the s/f. Live, I'd probably check and pray my opponent hits kings full on the river and goes off for lots of bets (unlimited raising live head up).