Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Sports \'Trading\' Sites

I know there are a lot of sites out there like www.tradesports.com, can someone give me a link or two?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Sports \'Trading\' Sites

Where do you live? As far as I know, Tradesports and WSEX exchange are the only ones that allow accounts from the US. BetFair is the biggest and best, but they don't allow US accounts (for now).
Old 07-17-2005, 11:56 PM

Yea. I'm USA. TradeSports seems pretty dead to me. Thanks for the WSEX info.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TradeSports seems pretty dead to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

TS is great for in-game trading, especially football and basketball.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TradeSports seems pretty dead to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

TS is great for in-game trading, especially football and basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah gotcha. How about WSEX?

Also, how does the volume go up, or how are stocks first realeased since it is all p2p trading?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 AM

I've haven't heard anything bad about WSEX, but I personally haven't used it for trading.

On TS, basically they post contracts whenever the market maker for that contract says he/she is ready. Then it's pretty wide open after that. As you said, the markets are pretty illiquid except for right before game time and during the game. It has been a while since he posted it, but some guy on the Tradesports forum posted a pretty good guide for how to make money trading on there.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:28 PM

I'm a wsex user. I love doing the live game trading.

Before the game starts, I can usually get a better line (less vig) if I do my action through the live game betting instead of a straight play. It's often something like 51 to win 49. I've even seen lines drop below 50 in which case I'll usually jump on the 40 something side regardless of the matchup. I suddenly have the edge on a coinflop and this also lets me feel like I'm the house.

Otherwise I've basically made money two ways through live betting. First method is to keep moving back and forth throughout the game. This works best for basketball. Anytime a team makes a run, I try to go the other way and catch the run back. Occasionally this fails if one team gets in front and never looks back. But most games have runs back and forth and this method adds up. I do however cut back on my action in the 4th quarter or at least try to end up on the side I really believe in.

The other way I've made big money on WSEX is jumping on long shots when the price becomes too big too early.
So if a team goes up 10 points in the first quarter and the favorite is suddenly 75 bucks a share, I'll usually take the dog for 30 bucks with the thinking that it's too early to be selling a team that low.

This also works with over/unders in NFL. They move too high or too low way too quickly based on the 1st quarter.
You can usually get a great deal for something that still turns into a coinflip.