Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Posting small blind with a big chip

If I sit down at a #3-6 Limit and buyin $150. How chips and how many of each will probably be in my rack of chips. Also if the small blind is $1 and the big blind is $3 what happens If I post small blind with a 5 dollar chip? Do I get changed imediatley or when it comes around to me and I declare my action??

Thanks for the input.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Posting small blind with a big chip

You will most likely get a rack and a half of $1 chips. You could get it split between white and red but i don't reccomend it. White >>>> red. The dealer will always make change for you. Don't worry about it and just put out your small blind.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM

each rake contains 100 chips. if you're playing 3/6 then you will get 150 $1 chips.

you will not have any $5 chips so don't worry about it.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:38 PM

You will buy a rack (rack = 100 chips) and a half of whites ($1) chips for a 3/6 game. So unless you knock the table dead you will not have any reds in play, and then only if you color up a few hundred to red or take some off of someone else.

If by some odd chance you do end up posting a blind with a larger chip, the dealer will make change when they can, generally (at least around here) the dealer will make change for the SB first as this is where they grab the jackpot drop from anyway. In any case you should have your change before any action takes place on the flop (but not always). If the dealer does not seem to be making an effort, feel free to speak up and ask for your change.