Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Matusow loses it

As some of you know, I'm producing segments for The Players Network at the WSOP. I've had Mike Matusow do a few funny segments about how he's been screwed time and time again at this year's WSOP. Funny stuff. Great guy in every way. Seriously.

Anyway, today is the third day of the first day of the main event - I catch Mike before he goes in and film a short "I'm focused" segment.

Not twenty minutes later, Mike comes storming out. I'm thinking, "oh no, not again."

He comes up to me, livid.

"Dominic, I've just been given a forty minute penalty!"

He explains:

"I muck a hand a little too vigorously and the cards hit the dealer. 'Floorman, Floorman' the dealer yells. He accuses me of hitting him with the cards! I tell the Floor I didn't, that it was an accident, and the other players back me up. The Floor says, fine, no penalty, and walks off.

"I turn to the guy next to me and whisper, 'This dealer has fu*king issues.'

Immediately, the dealer's hand shoots up in the air - 'Floorman, Floorman - he used the F-bomb!'

The Floor comes over and gives me a 10 minute penalty! I say bullshit, I didn't say a thing!'

'The Dealer said you did.'

'FU*K the dealer,' I yell.

'Twenty minute penalty!'

'FU*K YOU TOO!'

'Thirty minute penalty!'

'FU*K THIS PLACE!'

'Forty minute penalty!'

"I was so pissed, I had to come out here and calm down. I've never blown up like that at a table."

Mike...we love you...and the dealer is an ass. My only regret is I didn't have a camera crew in the vicinity!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Matusow loses it

i guess it was too late when the floor man capped it.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:52 AM

What a little bitch that dealer is... are they allowed to ask for dealer changes? This guy seems like he has some issues about being the big man at the table (the dealer, not Mike).
Old 07-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Seems like if you had enough crews having one crew stationed permanently at any table with Matusow on it would be +EV. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 01:04 AM

Heh, he shoulda taped his mouth shut like the loud guy on day 2 did after getting 2 F bomb penalties. Heh, I was sitting at the table with that guy on the final 2 levels and someone at the table actually had the floor called to ask if there was a body odor rule since the guy smelled so bad. The guy had cameras on him constantly after his antics, hopefully that makes EPSN [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 01:04 AM

I didn't see how the cards hit the dealer, but Mike violated the rules by his own admission. The dealer was just doing his job.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike...we love you...and the dealer is an ass. My only regret is I didn't have a camera crew in the vicinity!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord, man! You should have at least one camera man and a live mike attached to this guy at all times!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:11 AM

Default More Matusow

From cardplyer:

Matusow limps in, and now the player in seat 7 makes it 1900 to go. Matusow reraises all-in for his last $11,700. The raiser beats him into the pot. Matusow shows 3-3, while his opponent has Q-Q. The board comes A-3-7-4-8, Matusow doubles up before saying "Lotta skill in poker, boys. All skill. Lotta skill." He then he goes on to recount the hand, call himself a donkey, and reminsce about the days when he "used to be a pretty good poker player."
Old 07-10-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: More Matusow

[ QUOTE ]
From cardplyer:

Matusow limps in, and now the player in seat 7 makes it 1900 to go. Matusow reraises all-in for his last $11,700. The raiser beats him into the pot. Matusow shows 3-3, while his opponent has Q-Q. The board comes A-3-7-4-8, Matusow doubles up before saying "Lotta skill in poker, boys. All skill. Lotta skill." He then he goes on to recount the hand, call himself a donkey, and reminsce about the days when he "used to be a pretty good poker player."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... how can you not like this guy?
Old 07-10-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: More Matusow

I was going to make a Matusow thread ... then i saw there was one made.

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-09 21:41:00
Title: More Words from Mike
Log: Two amateurs at Mike Matusow's table go all-in, heads up. We'll call them AceKing and AceJack. AceKing had A-K in the hole, and AceJack was holding A-J. AceJack sees what AceKing is holding and says "I'm dead." Mike Matusow shouts "No you're not! You're like 3-1!" The flop comes K-10-4. "See! All you need now is a Queen instead of a Jack," says Matusow. Sure enough, the next card off the deck is a Queen. And so is the next card. Anyways, so then Mike Matusow is all "See. You're fine. There's no skill in poker. Poker is a joke. Tounament poker is a joke. Whoever gets most lucky is the next superstar."

[/ QUOTE ]

more Matusow

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]