Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Anyone Banned

By now, everyone knows that Party has sent out threatening e-mails.

Anyone actually been banned from these e-mails?

Or is Party not really willing to lose 25% of their customer base and just posturing and threatening their own customers?

Anyone received any e-mails that says "We don't care what our most profitable customers want, we are tired of being number 1 and the hassles that come from it. We'll let Poker Stars be the number 1 gambling site and we'll move on. We don't care what our customer's want."

I hope most people can see a bluff when they see one. I personally raise "All In" If not, I'm sure our 7000 customers will enjoy the action on PokerStars. All poker sites are essentially the same, how they treat you is what makes the difference. How are you willing to be treated?
Old 07-09-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone Banned

[ QUOTE ]
All poker sites are essentially the same, how they treat you is what makes the difference. How are you willing to be treated?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was true, no one would be playing at Party already.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:06 AM

As much as I would like to stand on principal, at least I can see the Party skins graphics while multi-tabling. Bodog treats you like gold but if there is no game selection and you need binoculars to read your suits...

We are pretty much stuck.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:11 AM

Yes and this is becoming true. According to Pokerpulse.com, the leading source on internet gambling activity, PokerStars is already catching/leading Party in the number of tournament players.

If Party turns it's back on technology, and it's most profitable, most active players, PokerStars numbers will surely rise, while Party's will surely fall.

Party might as well release a press release that says "You can play against our fish, but if you are too successful, please move on. We prefer uneducated players who know nothing about the game. All others please move on to college at PokerStars."

I trust they will eventually realize their mistake and apologize, otherwise I see PokerStars as the progressive number one site for 2006 and beyond. This issue really comes down to Party wanting its cake and eating it too.

If I was a winning player, I'd really be worried about Party right now, they seem to discourage too much winning on their site. I have not seen a threatening e-mail sent to a player that was not winning on a regular basis. Any losers receive a threatening e-mail?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:15 AM

According to this forum, most people want HUD's banned. This will be keeping customers happy, albeit at the loss of a lot of rake.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not seen a threatening e-mail sent to a player that was not winning on a regular basis. Any losers receive a threatening e-mail?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only because most losing players won't admit it, or even if they do admit it won't make an effort to point it out.

Also, if PartyPoker were to ban these programs the other major sites would be forced to follow suit, otherwise Party could use the fact that they banned these programs and other sites havent to question the integrity of other sites games.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:24 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
According to this forum, most people want HUD's banned. This will be keeping customers happy, albeit at the loss of a lot of rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you can't make that conclusion. Well actually you could but your information source is extremely flawed our at least no better than the tea leaves at the bottom of my cup of chia.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope most people can see a bluff when they see one. I personally raise "All In"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 07-09-2005, 02:28 AM

I swear right now, that if the major sites ban "third party software" we'll start a site that doesn't and be in the top 3 in a matter of 2 years. If the major sites won't give customers what they want, we'll start one that will.

Our motto will be "The only site that welcomes players that want to use information to better their gameplay".

I doubt it will come to this, as PokerStars seems to have a grasp of what their customer's want.

At any rate, if anyone actually gets banned, instead of threatened and harassed, please feel free to post on this forum. Otherwise, we'll have to assume that everyone is just being threatened and harassed.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:29 AM

Which one: That most on this forum want HUDs banned? Or that Party will lose a lot of rake? I'm more sure that Party will lose a lot of rake.