Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 12:09 AM

Default stupid question about starting 6max

I'm sorry if this has been posted a lot, I searched and read through a few pages here looking to see if I could find any discussion on the topic, but I failed.

I'm a 3/6 player whos only put in a few thousand hands there, and the addition of the 6max tables is making me want to start on 6max now rather than waiting for 5/10, but am unsure where to start. Should I start trying to learn 6max down at the 1/2 tables or go ahead and take the risk at 3/6?
Or even what about depositing some money on another site and playing 6max anywhere lower than 3/6?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: stupid question about starting 6max

There are alot of posts on this, but since I'm a 6 max newb as well I will help you. If your planning on learning 5/10 6max, your best bet is start out at 3/6 6 max either at party or at stars. If the full is still profitable, I would stick with that for now. Personally, I would start 6 max with a slightly bigger BR than you need for full, as the swings are, as I hear, out of this world.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:50 AM

3/6 6max is where I want to be playing, I'm almost having a bankroll for 5/10, but am FAR from being read yto play up there. 3/6 full is still profitable, but I don't think its as profitable as the 6max games could be for me, if I can get started on how to play. I'm just unsure on what would be the best to get me able to play those.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:58 AM

If you want a middle ground between the 3/6 and 1/2, UB always has, at least, a couple 2/4 6 max tables going. I too am trying to learn 6 max. I have played about 10,000 hands at ub at both 2/4 and 3/6 and all is going well so far. I still have 450 in bonus to clear, then I am heading over to party for either the 3/6 or 5/10. I had originally planned on playing the 5/10 but with the new addition of 3/6, I may just start there for awhile.

Oh yea, it is sooo much more fun than playing full. And the UB bonus goes much faster.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:03 AM

Well, I'm under 21, and I don't like the idea of playing against the rules on UB.. are there any other sites? a 2/4 game would be perfect.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:07 AM

i jsut started playing some 2/4 6max on stars, open for other suggestions if anyone has any
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 PM

I have played quite a bit at the crypto sites at $2/4 6 max tables. The games can be quite loose, and my biggest problems seems to be the 'bombs' who call a raise with something like 86o, catch runner runner 6 at turn and river to bust me. The monthly reload bonuses have made these games a winner for me.

Party has lots of $1/2 6 max tables. It is fairly typical to raise UG and find 5 callers.

Absolute has a few 2/4 and 3/6 games usually available. They are not as loose as the games at Crypto or Party.

I would like ideas on other sites with SH games in the 2/4 to 4/8 category. [image]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gerry%20Nelson/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Pictures/Boys/4-11-05.JPG[/image]