Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 05:23 PM

Default $30/60: AA in action pot with terrible turn card.

$30/60 7-handed on UltimateBet. MP (one before cutoff) opens with a raise, button coldcalls, I 3bet A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the small blind. Big blind folds and the other two call.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, MP raises, button coldcalls, I 3bet, MP caps, button calls again and I call.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I decide to check, MP bets, button folds, I call.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, MP bets, I fold.

Comments?

lars
Old 07-07-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: $30/60: AA in action pot with terrible turn card.

Obviously everything bad that could hit, did. Getting 13-1, I throw one more away on the river in case it is AA or an out of line JJ. Had you bet the turn and got raised you could eliminate all possibles (but you wouldnt have saved a bet)
Old 07-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Yuck. Why can't MP have 99-JJ or worse? I like the turn check and I'd be willing to fold to a bet and a raise, but after it goes bet, fold I'd probably checkraise and lead the river (and be willing to fold if he raises again). If I just called on the turn I would definetly not be folding to one bet on the river.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:06 PM

You fold??
Call one bet on the river. He's bluffing enough to make that worthwhile. Maybe he overplayed AK on the flop then hit the turn. Maybe he's fos. Oh, here's a good one - maybe he had 86s and was stealing pf, then kept betting his counterfeitted hand when you showed weakness. Whatever. It's one bet in a big pot.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:40 AM

Any reads? Without any, and given this is 7-handed, I think this is a river call. MP could be a donk, or a tight player (the type to check the river with QT when a flush hits, so the bet shows weakness). Given the turn check-call, I think the range of hands MP could have is large enough for a call.

Regarding the turn, I see the decision to bet or check dependent on the read on the button. if you think either the button is on a flush draw, or is capable of raising the turn without a Q ("i'll raise and get a free showdown") - do you think a bet makes sense?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 AM

IF you called the turn i dont understand why you didnt call the river? I dont think foldong was correct there you need to look them up.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:23 AM

since you didn't give any reads, i'm assuming you were readless, and given that you're readless i'm calling this river.