Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 10:57 PM

Default How was this?

*Edit*: this was a party 10/20 hand

Hero is in CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 limpers, Hero limps, BTN raises, blinds fold, limpers call (8 SB)
Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to BTN who bets, 1 fold, MP calls, Hero calls
Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked around
River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check/called.. but now I'm thinking that was rather stupid, since the only hand I could see him playing this way is a high (but not AK) pp. So I should probably bet or c/f this, right?

Don't have much of a read on the button, but haven't seen him fold any rivers, so I'm leaning toward C/F. The other guy seems to calls any junk then folds the river, as he did here.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: How was this?

A bet on the river after showing no flop or turn aggression will most likely get looked up from any 9, TT-QQ, King or Ace. Given his raise preflop, the only hands he conceivably has that you beat are 55, TJs, JQs, right? Maybe he can lay down 88's with a river bet So I don't like the river lead, so the C/C must be better though not by much. I want to hear from the C/F camp on this one cause it might be a better line still...
Old 07-05-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: How was this?

I think this is an easy fold, he's betting into 2 players after showing weakness on the turn. If he were bluffing, I think he would bet the turn, and your hand beats *almost nothing but a bluff.
other than that, check-calling is better than betting.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:17 AM

Default RESULTS

Ya.. I think I should've check/folded it, since his actions say mid-high pocket pair pretty clearly..
As it was I didn't think that hard, and check-called, since he basically had to bet in that situation regardless of his holding. And indeed that holding was QQ.