Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 05:01 AM

Default More bubble trouble

Another PS $27 Turbo hand.

Everyone was playing tight and hoping to outlast each other. I was stealing fairly regularly. I fiugred this was a good push. I figured king high was huge hand with blinds at 300/600 and so i pushed. Was it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) converter

BB (t2213)
Hero (t2928)
Button (t2972)
SB (t5387)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2878</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t1563 (All-In).

Flop: (t4591) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t4591) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t4591) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4591
Old 07-05-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: More bubble trouble

looks like a good push to me. the only thing i think that makes it questionable is the fact that you are the loosest player at the table (or at least thats how you make it sound). then you have to realize their calling standards arent near as high. other than that, yeah i like the push. you cant just wait for a big hand to come around and let yourself get blinded away.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:08 AM

Naw...you don't need to push this. At least one of your opponents has to be playing *very* tight right now for this push to be good....I'm not sure they will be at that level of buyin (I haven't played Stars though admittedly) and at these blinds so I think a fold is best.

Yugoslav
Old 07-05-2005, 05:11 AM

Do you think becuase we all have such short stacks and they are likely to call with weakish hands?

So you think i should fold and push any decent hand next round?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 AM

I don't like it mainly because of the fact that it gives BB 2-1 to call and of course you don't want to see a showdown. With three of the stacks almost even, I'd lay it down even with these blinds.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think becuase we all have such short stacks and they are likely to call with weakish hands?

So you think i should fold and push any decent hand next round?

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly don't think you need to feel desperate. The thing is, even the poorest tight players get looser the higher the blinds get. I understand it's the bubble, but everyone will still make bad calls vs. you and kill the FE necessary to push one off the button. You shouldn't mind letting the rest of the table duke it out unless you have a very high FE situation or a very nice hand. Your FE situation is marginal and your hand is marginal....

Yugoslav
Old 07-05-2005, 05:26 AM

So i should tighten up and hope someone else goes out, unless i get a very good hand?

A what point would i have to push if that hand did not arrive?

This appears to be a big leak of mine, so any help here would be excellent
Old 07-05-2005, 05:34 AM

You have to evaluate each hand separately within the context of the game you've been playing. I mean, next hand in the BB you likely will either get it walked, get to push on a completer, get to outplay a completer postflop, have to fold, or get dealt a very good hand and call an allin. In the SB you get to open push, call with avery good hand, and probably only fold your very worst hands.

I'm not sure any of this is helping though....if you were on the button here I'd certainly push the KTs and it's not close to being close...does that information help?

Yugoslav
Old 07-05-2005, 05:36 AM

Yes it does help actually [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks