Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Trip 2s as bring in, do you check here?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.38 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (2.19 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.19 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___?

Total pot: (4.19 BB)

If I bet again I'm practically announcing I have trips
If I check, I can go for a check raise hoping he paired up
Or I can give him credit for a made low and straight draw and flat call here and the river.

I ended up betting again which I think might have been the worst choice, though I was rather happy with the results. Notes said he was weaktight, and he ended up folding. Knowing he would fold, I think it's a good bet, but if I couldn't be sure of that, I think it's best to check/call as his straight outs are very live. Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Trip 2s as bring in, do you check here?

I think I probably bet here. If he raises than I'm looking to call down, but it would be great to have him pay you off with a busted low and two small pair. Not to mention if he does have the straight you have redraws to beat him.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:57 PM

I say bet. He called your open pair with 7To. How scary can he be?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 AM

bet it you dont have a lock hand be happy to win the pot right then and there. WHy check when he is likely to check behind? However if you have a boat id consider checking hoping to getg an extra bet on the river.