Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:56 AM

Default right move on 4th?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (6.38 BB)

I'm always skeptical of not double betting on 4th when I pair my ace door card. I figured double betting would get my single villian to fold, whereas a single bet might get her to call incorrectly. Thoughts?

Also what are your thoughts on betting the river. I figured villian wouldn't chase me down with absolutely nothing (after all I am showing aces) and it's not likely she's on a flush/straight draw. When she paired her door card I was a little worried on 6th that I might be getting myself into trouble.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: right move on 4th?

I cant even think of a hand to put him on, but I think it is a good play to try and keep him around with that strong of a hand.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:07 PM

Well, if you look consider the situation, the only hands that may call one might also call two, right?

Those hands being trips, 2 pair, and a str8 draw.

Bet Big and let 'em chase.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:07 PM

he was chasing low, and didn't realize it was a stud table until the river?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:27 PM

This really turns on what you know of the player. Generally, bet the full amount. Ashley Adams has a nice article on this topic in cardplayer. You can get it online at their website.