Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 04:46 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Vagical?

MP- 31.5/10.5/1.2 in full games
Button- 23/8/1.9 in full games

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 07-02-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Vagical?

QJ/QT/JT seem likely enough to call on the end imo.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:57 PM

I do the same

Seems close though, I don't know if it's necessarily a good fold, but I think someone 23/8 has some passiveness to him, and I don't think he'd bet many worse hands there. Does his AF mean he doesn't have any passiveness to him postflop though? I'm not really good with PT stats...
Old 07-02-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP- 31.5/10.5/1.2 in full games
Button- 23/8/1.9 in full games

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is naiveté talking, but why call the turn and not the river? If you were good there, you're still good at the end. Judging by his stats, MP probably has a crappy pocket pair enough times that you don't have to worry about discouraging an overcall.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is naiveté talking, but why call the turn and not the river? If you were good there, you're still good at the end, and MP probably has a crappy pocket pair enough times that you don't have to worry about discouraging his overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm also a bit confused by this. thief's thinking might be that he doesn't value bet a queen here or doesn't bluff a missed draw.

He's getting 9:1 with 5 outs

I doubt you see a weaker hand from a player valuebetting there. Maybe on occation another AQ, but I doubt often enough to warrent a call here.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's getting 9:1 with 5 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I get that part, I just think that the pot is swollen enough at that end that you're getting odds to call.

From the hands I've seen from sthief lately (like the raise-fold TPTK to a donkbet-3bet on the river), he might be getting a little fancy with his river laydowns.

Aside: maybe I'm not getting fancy enough with my laydowns? Calling this at 5/10 6max is totally SOP for me.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Look at how the hand played out though. Sure by the river the pot has gotten swollen, but the button has also done nothing but show strength postflop into a UTG raiser and 3-bettor from the BB on a KQ2 flop. Because the pot is swollen and multiway villain knows he's getting called, and I don't think he'd bet a worse hand on the river often enough.

It certainly wouldn't be a bad call, but I think it is a good fold
Old 07-02-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is naiveté talking, but why call the turn and not the river? If you were good there, you're still good at the end. Judging by his stats, MP probably has a crappy pocket pair enough times that you don't have to worry about discouraging an overcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Button can bet the turn with a lot of hand that Stheif is ahead of, and even if he's behind he usually has outs. When he continues on the river into two opponents we can narrow his hand range down much further.