Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Donking around on NL25 Going all in with the pair of 3\'s

Villian is a maniac (insert usual maniac stats here). I figured since he was a maniac and there were still lots of people yet to act he would more than likely re-raise me pre-flop with any high pair. So I figure I'm likely against overcards or flush draw here. The pots odds appeared close anough for me to make the call, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP2 ($17.05)</font>
MP3 ($12.5)
CO ($12.95)
Button ($50.7)
SB ($29.6)
BB ($21.5)
UTG ($5.15)
UTG+1 ($25.35)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($25)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, MP2 calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($5.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP2 calls $15.55 (All-In), Button folds, Hero calls $9.55.

Turn: ($36.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($36.20) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $36.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3h 4h (one pair, threes).
MP2 has Ac 9s (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $36.20. </font>
Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Donking around on NL25 Going all in with the pair of 3\'s

PF is terrible with a maniac at the table.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because he's going to call my bet? I don't mind really.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that way when you hit a pair and end up all in on the flop you won't have to title your post "donking around".
Old 07-01-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that way when you hit a pair and end up all in on the flop you won't have to title your post "donking around".

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. So really, you don't like to because you think he'll come back over the top? I didn't see him doing that pre-flop, but post-flop he was making moves.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Got it. So really, you don't like to because you think he'll come back over the top? I didn't see him doing that pre-flop, but post-flop he was making moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i think he doesn't like your play b/c playing for all your chips with bottom pair (like you did) is friggin donkish.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i think he doesn't like your play b/c playing for all your chips with bottom pair (like you did) is friggin donkish.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I WAS 'donking' around on NL25, I think this is a solid play. What hands does the maniac have here to push? I'm worried about a set, or higher pair 88-TT. Yet I think he re-raises with TT even, and smooth calls the sets. So I'm looking at the pot and what I have to put in to call, and I think I'm good here over 55% of the time. This flopped missed most people, and if he did hit are they going to play for potentially all their chips? After a long hesitation I deduced I was best. I didn't have bottom pair, I had second pair dammit! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I WAS 'donking' around on NL25, I think this is a solid play. What hands does the maniac have here to push? I'm worried about a set, or higher pair 88-TT. Yet I think he re-raises with TT even, and smooth calls the sets. So I'm looking at the pot and what I have to put in to call, and I think I'm good here over 55% of the time. This flopped missed most people, and if he did hit are they going to play for potentially all their chips? After a long hesitation I deduced I was best. I didn't have bottom pair, I had second pair dammit! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is ahead of you. Besides that, any set, or pair is likely given that you said he is a maniac.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:16 AM

look how bad you are against A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 41.7%
A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 57.3 %

so, clearly you could be behind even with a pair when he has ace high. did you consider this at all?
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 AM

I've done the same thing with pocket 2s in a 6 9 J board. It was a LITTLE bit different, I called a raise preflop and reraised all in on the flop. The hand didn't end well, but I was ahead at the time that I made it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]