Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2004, 06:44 PM

Default 3 hands for review: AJo, KJo, and AQo

These were all early in their respective sessions so I have no reads.

oook...these are in order of how badly I think I played them, starting with the worst:

Hands 1:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jh Ad (one pair, aces).
BB shows 9c 7c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: BB wins 16 BB. </font>

Hand 2:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) :
converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hero shows Jd Kc (two pair, jacks and twos).
CO shows Td Ks (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

Hand 3:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hero shows Ac Qs (two pair, queens and eights).
UTG+1 shows Kh Qc (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>
Old 04-06-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: 3 hands for review: AJo, KJo, and AQo

Hand 1: AJo. I'd 3-bet or fold here preflop. You've got bad position and you want it as few opponents as possible.

Hand 2: fold preflop. It's a 2nd best hand and you don't want to openlimp in late-middle. The rest seems pretty routine.

Hand 3: I'd 3-bet preflop. Flop checkraise is alright, but I'd either cap the flop or check-raise the turn. I think you started the calling down too soon.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:49 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

hand 1: even though you are in the SB, I generally won't even play this hand unsuited.

hand 2: preflop I'd open-raise and the flop you should 3-bet and take control of the hand

hand 3: folded to me in the SB I'd 3-bet to fold the BB out and get its heads up. I'd cap the flop, or smooth call and bet into the turn. if you get raised on the turn I'd just call it down
Old 04-06-2004, 10:09 PM

Hand 1 - against unknown opponents this is probably a preflop fold for me when facing a raise from EP, if suited I'd see a flop.

Hand 2 - If I'm going to play this hand I would almost certainly come in for a raise when I'm opening from C0+1. CO's raise on the flop could mean a lot of things, I probably bet into him again on the turn when a blank comes off.

Hand 3 - I think I'd probably three-bet or fold preflop, the reasons for 3-betting are to hopefully get the pot HU and also get some more information about the strength of my opponent's hand. AQ is a dangerous hand to play against an EP raise (especially since he has position on you), so I'd probably lean more towards folding against an unknown. I'd also probably be willing to cap the flop and bet out on the turn, if he raises the turn then I go into call down mode.

jHE
Old 04-06-2004, 10:11 PM

Hand 1: fold preflop.

Hand 2: Raise preflop. Either try to checkraise or 3-bet the flop and go from there.

Hand 3: I think you played this one ok.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:11 AM

I agree with this fella.

Although I wonder about hand 2. When betting out again on the turn, what to do if raised? Depends on the player, but if it's an unknown? Hence why we raise pre-flop huh?
Old 04-07-2004, 01:37 AM

Is that you James? Just checking...
Old 04-07-2004, 03:19 PM

Really guys...
Fold AJ off suit preflop? Why?
I'm not trying to criticize I really am interested cause
I thought that AJ is a definate play hand...at least till the flop...
Old 04-07-2004, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really guys...
Fold AJ off suit preflop? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the raise came from EP and you are out of position (although I'd probably quickly dump it anywhere when facing a raise from an unknown EP player, being out of position makes it that much more of a fold).

My opinion anyways, I'm sure others can elaborate

J
Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM

Hand 1: I don't like AJo out of position against a field so I fold. Easy fold on the river. BB's gratuitous flop cap and coming alive with the 3rd club screams flush.

Hand 2: 2 off the button, if I play KJo I open for a raise. Flop bet is good--get him to raise so it's heads-up. I'd 3-bet the flop to see if he caps. Turn/river are fine.

Hand 3: I'd raise preflop. As you played it I think you slowed down too early. I'd either cap the flop or checkraise the turn.