Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Tight 6-12 game

Yes, I actually found myself playing in a tight 6-12 game. Weird.

Folded to me w/ A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] in CO. I decide to steal the blinds and raise. Button and SB fold. BB calls. I've been here about 45 minutes and have little read on this guy except that he's relatively tight.

6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks. I bet. He checkraises. I 3-bet. He calls.

J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

He checks. I bet. He checkraises. I call.

T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

He bets. I raise. He calls.

So, check behind on the turn?
Old 01-31-2003, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Tight 6-12 game

I really like your hand on the turn, you still have top pair-top kicker on the flop, with the nut flush draw. You will improve with at least 13 cards, depending on what your opponent holds. I bet the turn. When you get checkraised, and you hold the Ace of trump, and you are going to call on the river, you can consider three betting the turn. If he calls,and you don't make a flush by the river, you check the river down. If you make a flush, you can bet the river.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:43 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

i think you played it fine. i cant think of how id play it differently.

btw...where i play..the 6-12 was the toughest game in the room for the most part. tougher than the 10-20 or the 15-30....
you had players moving up from 4-8 playing tight because of the limit increase, and the overlimit players playing tight saving their rolls for when their seat opened up. a couple times we went 1/2 hour plus just chopping blinds....great game huh? it sucked [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

highest limit in this room is 20-40/15-30 1 table....then maybe 1 or 2 10-20s. and that was it....weekdays, usually just 1 10-20. though it may be a little different now...

have fun...

b
Old 01-31-2003, 04:53 PM

I can't figure out what he would bet the river with that's smart. I'd put him on a set or 76s after his turn checkraise, so why bet the river?
Old 01-31-2003, 07:15 PM

I assume he had a flush. Based on his later play, I'm sure he would have re-raised with a King-high flush. So, I suspect he had a Queen-high flush, because otherwise he'd have to be betting and calling my river raise with a nine-high or lower. Alas, we'll never know.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:18 PM

i think you played it fine. i cant think of how id play it differently.

I was really hoping that he would check to me on the river (say, with a King-high flush) and check-raise me there. Then, I would have won a hand where I was check-raised on every street. That would have been hilarious.

Of course, the laugh would have been on me in that case if he 4-bet me and showed me a straight flush....