Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Raising the turn (non-donkbet) with my aces

When I raised the turn here, I got a little tingle in my stomach like when you're on the rollercoaster. I want to make sure that this isn't spewing, because I could quickly become addicted.

I've been in a number of pots with villain, and he's loose-aggressive. He's very aggressive postflop. Also, I've open-raised two or three times in the past orbit but haven't shown anything down, so he doesn't necessarily think I have anything.

I think these factors argue for the turn raise, but is it standard? Would you do this against an unknown? I typically just call here but I think that I've been missing bets. I'm considering making this turn raise/call down after 3-bet my standard play and would like opinions.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 06-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Raising the turn donkbet with my aces

[ QUOTE ]
When I raised the turn here, I got a little tingle in my stomach like when you're on the rollercoaster. I want to make sure that this isn't spewing, because I could quickly become addicted.

I've been in a number of pots with villain, and he's loose-aggressive. He's very aggressive postflop. Also, I've open-raised two or three times in the past orbit but haven't shown anything down, so he doesn't necessarily think I have anything.

I think these factors argue for the turn raise, but is it standard? Would you do this against an unknown? I typically just call here but I think that I've been missing bets. I'm considering making this turn raise/call down after 3-bet my standard play and would like opinions.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn raise is good.
If your read is strong and you think he is too over aggressive postflop, then I might cap the turn.
However, calling down as you did was good IMHO.
nice hand.

And, that's not a donkbet by villian.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn raise is good.
If your read is strong and you think he is too over aggressive postflop, then I might cap the turn.
However, calling down as you did was good IMHO.
nice hand.

And, that's not a donkbet by villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, quite. I edited the topic title.

So, this would be a standard raise for you against an unknown and capping would be read-dependent? Because that's one notch more aggressive than I am here.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, this would be a standard raise for you against an unknown and capping would be read-dependent? Because that's one notch more aggressive than I am here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not unknown, you already read him to be loose and very aggressive postflop. That read makes the turn raise good.

If he was a complete nut I'd consider capping the turn, but those kinds of maniacs are relatively rare. If he was a complete unknown and led into me after I capped the flop, I'd likely still raise the turn.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Raising the turn (non-donkbet) with my aces

Here villain shows Kh7h.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:17 PM

playernotes: led and 3-bet turn with 2nd nut flush DRAW.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Make that: playernotes: led and 3-bet turn with 2nd nut flush and gutshot straight draw HU... and, Led out bluff bet 13BB river when draws busted.