Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Party/skin search function: some player names can\'t be searched for!!

There's the strangest little glitch that's been bothering me for some time now.

I have 2 or 3 players on my buddy list who completely disable the search function whenever I include them in a list of players I'm searching for.

In other words, I'll highlight 15 or so names, and click search, but nothing happens...no search result box comes up...so after unchecking some names and a long process of elimination, I narrowed it down to this one player...whenenver HIS ID is among those I want to search for, the search feature won't work...but if I just uncheck his name, it works fine.

Anyone experienced something similar? I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

EDIT: and it has nothing to do with the 'hide me from search' feature...it's not that I know the player's seated but he doesn't show up in the 'search result' box, it's that the inclusion of this one player completely disables the search function completely.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Party/skin search function: some player names can\'t be searched for!!

Take the bots out of your buddy list.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Party/skin search function: some player names can\'t be searched fo

Tried contacting support? I know it can be maddening, depending on who you get, but I can't imagine that anyone else can help at all.

Of course, there's always the advice my doctor gives me when I say, "It hurts when I do that!": Well, don't do that! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 12:47 PM

what is the screen name you're searching for? it could be an issue with his name
Old 06-29-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Party/skin search function: some player names can\'t be searched for!!

I discovered exactly what you describe a few days ago.

The next day I typed the problematic name in at a time when the player was no longer online. The search worked with no problem (and of course found nothing). I repeated this just now and again no problem.

The player name is not the one that I entered on my buddy list. He obviously had changed his name during the previous few days before the failed search. Possibly he had just done it. As you may be aware, the buddy list automatically updates when a name changes.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:35 PM

I have had this problem many many times as my buddy list is fairly large imo. It wastes my time as I have to narrow down who the culprit is. I then just remove them from my list and pray it isnt one of the 90% VP$IP
Old 07-04-2005, 01:23 PM

I have run into this also. I thought I had written down the player's screen name, but I don't see it anywhere. I wanted to see if this one player was multi-tabling so I tried searching his name by itself, and it just terminated the whole search function. I tried several times, always with the same result. It didn't return (0) tables as with someone who was hidden from search. It made me think Party was protecting some European Mafioso or something else weird was going on, but, of course, I have no idea what the true story was.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:58 PM

I realize this is an incredibly dumb question but ... um ... how do I ad somebody to my buddy list? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]