Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Vegas Orleans 6/12

What's your take on this game. I played two sessions there this past week. The first I lost 211 (3h58m) and the secnd I won 80 (2h41m). I thougt it was a tough game (only one table going). No reason to play in it actually, not with the plentiful number of card rooms in Vegas.

I just want to gauge how tough the game is. It seemed like the entire line up was locals.

Thanks,

-DP
Old 07-02-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Vegas Orleans 6/12

I'm not sure about the $6/12 game, but we were there a few weeks ago playing the $4/8 omaha game. It was very juicy, with plenty of fish. There were also alot of locals there, too. If you play omaha, definitely play there.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:41 PM

the orleans is one of my favs - however - there are a handfull of really decent players even down at that level, so if you get two or three of them at the same table you just have to make sure not to tangle with them too much.

if you're there very often you can start to recognize those players. the rest of the room is filled with fish and degenerate local gamblers.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:50 PM

True. Also, what's up with their tables? They need a major overhaul. I am surprised to see they have the card shufflers in those crappy tables. They have a nice size poker room with many tables; if they would just upgrade their tables, it would be a very nice room.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:59 PM

i think those tables are part of its charm. it's a slummy place, but hey - you can get subway in just 20 paces.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:19 PM

LOL! That's funny, because we hit up that Subway at 3 a.m. one session, and it hit the spot!
Old 07-03-2005, 02:12 AM

Probably mostly nasty-tempered old arguementitive locals at the orleans. You could just jab yourself in the groin with an icepick if you'd like to relieve the pain of having to play in that cardroom with those players, or you could just play elsewhere.

al
Old 07-03-2005, 08:00 AM

I played the Orleans $6-12 (kill to $10-20) on Thursday night and I thought the game was VERY soft. BTW, I too love the 24 hour Subway just steps away from the poker room.

FWIW, The $10-20 at MGM tonight played like a wild & crazy $2-4 game (at least when I was in it). Though my AA lost out of the gate, I still wound up making some Taco Bell money while having a lot of fun! Worth a look IMHO. YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 07-03-2005, 01:06 PM

When I visited the Orleans pokerroom overnight I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

There was a coctail waitress who literally walked around every table and said "Coctails?" to each and every individual player. She seemed like she was kind of out of it.

One of the dealers didn't even "pitch" the cards to the players. She set them down as close as she could reach and sort of slid the card over.

The 24hr subway definitely hit the spot at around 4a.m. when I was slightly intoxicated.

Mind you, I'm not necessarily complaining about my experiences there, just pointing out that there were a few bizarre things.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM

like i said - the room has it's many quirks. but the guy who complained about the grouchy old men?! that's why I go!! they're horrible, miserable people and yet they still show up everyday to give one to three hundred dollars away. and the noon tourneys are decent as well...