Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 03:31 PM

Default little help please

When using the auto-rate players on Poketracker it asks you to define rules. Is it best to use the default rules or make rules of your own. If you make rules, what kind of rules do you use?
Thanks
J Hoov
Old 06-30-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: little help please

I think the default rules are fine, but take them with a grain of salt. The numbers are the only thing that matter--icons and such are secondary.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: little help please

usi,

if you are playing lower limits i would suggest using bisonbison autorate rules. the major difference between the two is the cutoff point for the Aggression Factor is lower in bisonbisons (who plays small stakes and posted the rules in micros).

seminal post on autorate rules by bisonbison

read especially the first part--some of the technical aspects discussed later on regarding Poker Tracker have been fixed/updated since the time of the post.

download bisonbison's rules here

Hoopster definately has a point that the numbers matter more than the icons. You can make false assumptions about player if going solely by the icons, particularly if they are just below/above the cutoff values for a different rating entirely.

personally, i have tweaked bison's slightly by incorporating a couple of new classifications (calling station...LP-P who goes to showdown alot and a very loose classification). it will depend on the limits you play and the type of divisions you want to make in the population of players you encounter. i only recently bought PT, so i am still testing out different rating systems as well.

cheers,
the Real Macoy