Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Default AA, river play.

This might be an easy one.

No super solid reads, but MP1 seems like the spaz/wannabe trickster type.

BB is unknown.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero...?

I think I misplayed it.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: AA, river play.

Judging by the PF action, MP could have a big pair himself. It's unlikely the 3 helped him unless he has exactly JJ, in which case you're toast anyway (and he should have raised the turn).

His raise could mean that he thinks your two pair just got counterfeited. Still, I think I like a call on the river, to encourage BB to overcall. If you think BB will call your raise, then go ahead and 3-bet it.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:03 PM

You gotta call. BB is probably just a retard who'll call. If you already have evidence that MP is wonky-aggressive, it makes the call pretty easy, even if you don't expect to win all that much.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:05 PM

I made a reply just to see that it was 5max and not ring. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Does anyone play ring LHE anymore? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Both options are probably okay, but I'm 3-betting this all day long at game speed. Yeah the guy could be tricky enough to play JJ this way, but if that is the case, he could also be playing KK or QQ this way since you by no means have to have aces in this spot.

Brad
Old 06-25-2005, 05:07 PM

I'm sure the BB will call a 3-bet w/ a worse hand, but it's unlikely the BB will unless I'm losing.

Does that sway anyone one way or the other?
Old 06-25-2005, 05:08 PM

if he's got a 3 then, well, write his handle down. he could have slowplayed JJ on the turn, but i think it's more likely he's got 99-KK. make him pay.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:11 PM

I'd expect to see a stone cold bluff here or 44, 88, or JJ. I don't think I want to 3bet. I don't have a cat handy to kick when he caps, and if it's a bluff, he's not calling anyway. It's conceivable that he's holding AJ or KJ, but I think those are unlikely. I don't expect to be called and win often enough my the LAG.

Well...

I guess with BB padding the pot, we don't have to be good as often to 3bet. If it is a bluff and the maniac folds, BB may still call. I guess raising is closer than I thought, but I think I still like calling. BB may fold for two more, but we could get the overcall if we just call.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the BB will call a 3-bet w/ a worse hand, but it's unlikely the BB will unless I'm losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, what?
Old 06-25-2005, 05:14 PM

If I raise and someone has a 3 (or any other better hand) it's likely going to be capped.

If I just call the BB might overcall.

So, if I raise, the BB folds and MP1 calls, I win an exta bet.

If I just call and the BB overcalls, I still win one bet but don't re-open the action for MP.

Does this make the case for calling being better than raising?

(I 3-bet, the BB folded and MP called. Afterwards I thought the 3-bet was bad.)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was supposed to be:

I'm sure MP will call a 3-bet w/ a worse hand, but it's unlikely the BB will unless I'm losing.