Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Every fibre in my body told me I was beat...

Live 20-40 game,

Some dude limps in EP, folded to me on the button with KK and I take it upstairs on the button.

SB folds to the BB who nervously throws in 3-bets. The old man in BB defines weak tight to the extreme, but now I'm thinking with his re-raise and my KK that I may be forced to the weak tight one!!! Played about 4 hours into the session, he has yet to re-raise once, though he has called several raises with the standard calling a raise stuff.

Limper calls, I cap it. Both call before the dealer even gets to them.

As the dealer rakes in the chips towards the center, I am eyeing the old man like a hawk. I am watching his eyes, his hands, his breathing, little twitches on his face. He's nervous, and obviously so. He's got about 6 or 7 red chips in his hand ready to go and never once looks up. His eyes are glued to the felt where the poker gods will determine his outcome for this hand..

The flop comes 2-2-7. His pupils grow, he instantly fires out 4 red chips. His eyes never leave the flop, never look up, but damn is he still ever nervous. His hands are trembling..

EP dude calls pretty quickly, and I think for 2 seconds still eyeing the old guy and muck.

Lawrence
Old 06-21-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Every fibre in my body told me I was beat...

Don't want to peel once? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 01:55 AM

so everything told you he had aces once his shaky hands threw in 3 bets... why not just call the 3 bets preflop and then call the flop ..for the same price (as capping) youd get to see 4 cards instead of 3. just something to think about
Old 06-21-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so everything told you he had aces once his shaky hands threw in 3 bets... why not just call the 3 bets preflop and then call the flop ..for the same price (as capping) youd get to see 4 cards instead of 3. just something to think about

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was the flop bet the narrowed it to AA-KK (I'm assuming).
Old 06-21-2005, 02:04 AM

im pretty sure he had him pegged on aces before he capped it.. could be wrong.. maybe he'll let us know
Old 06-21-2005, 02:14 AM

I would pat myself on the back if I just called down here to see AA. Folding to a flop bet on a great flop for KK? Wow, I would have to treat myself to a hooker if I correctly put him on Aces and folded the flop. Nice hand.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't want to peel once?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he want to "peel". Its not like he's on a draw here, and even if he spikes a King the old man will only call a turn raise, and might muck to a river bet...

This flop is about making a decision, a very difficult decision. Either you're in front, and you play accordingly or your convinced hes got AA and you fold. Expert limit is about being able to accurately make these decisions.

Personally, I'd probably call the flop, raise the turn, and check the river unless I improve, but thats because I'm not skilled enough to make decisions...I just get to showdown.

lf
Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 AM

4 hours playing time with someone is roughly 140 hands. I'm sure there's a very good chance you were right, but this is LIMIT hold'em, right? I fold for NOBODY here based on 140 hands and I guarantee I'll never miss a meal because of it.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:30 AM

Im sorry, I dont post around these parts. But what type of input are you looking from people here? You judged you were behind AA and didnt have the odds to draw to 2 outs and folded, whats the big deal.

-Jason
Old 06-21-2005, 02:30 AM

I'm not as good as you guys, i have to call down.