Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 AM

Default China taking over the world

How does the American public feel about having our companies being taken over by the Chinesse?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Re: China taking over the world

[ QUOTE ]
How does the American public feel about having our companies being taken over by the Chinesse

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean how does the American public feel about having multi-nationals being taken over by other multi-nationals?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM

I think that multinationals operate similarly no matter of nationality of the owners.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:52 AM

This is a little off topic, so I apologize if I set this discussion in the wrong discussion. I was talking with an Asian friend of mine the other day about a variety of subjects and we began talking about asians living in America.

He basically suggested to me, that there is sort of an unspoken understanding between asians living in America. Essentially, they are determined to live in America as parasites. He said that Asians come to America to profit from our free education and capitalism, but make every effort not to "give back" to the good 'ol USA. They do this by working almost exclusively with other asian companies--or if they work for a large corporation they spend as much is possible within there own community. I have lived in a variety of places throughout the country and in every single one of them there was an area filled with primarily asian businesses and residents. He went on to say that the most America will get from them is a "Sambo like smile" and some chicken fried rice. Yes, he was a little intoxicated, but nonetheless sincere.

I am doing a real poor job of explaining this, but I think you guys are smart enough to see what he was saying.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that multinationals operate similarly no matter of nationality of the owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i dont understand this enough. ill have to read more.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a little off topic, so I apologize if I set this discussion in the wrong discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little off topic? This certainly qualifies as the understatement of the day on this forum. Probably the week, maybe the month and maybe even for 2005. Why not another thread instead of muddying up this one? I realize you were being apologetic but I see no reason whatsoever to hijack this thread.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A little off topic? This certainly qualifies as the understatement of the day on this forum. Probably the week, maybe the month and maybe even for 2005. Why not another thread instead of muddying up this one? I realize you were being apologetic but I see no reason whatsoever to hijack this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The understatement of 2005. Get a grip pal. His post reminded me of a discussion I just had with a friend of mine and thought I would post it for the sake of discussion.

What do you think muddies up a thread more:

A) Me, posting an off topic response in a thread

or

B) You posting an overzealous attempt to show everyone how good you would be as a forum moderator. Maybe one day, just one day, you too will have your name in green.

Get a life sir.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The understatement of 2005. Get a grip pal. His post reminded me of a discussion I just had with a friend of mine and thought I would post it for the sake of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

What precludes you from starting another thread on this topic? Why would you be reluctant to do so?

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think muddies up a thread more:

A) Me, posting an off topic response in a thread

or

B) You posting an overzealous attempt to show everyone how good you would be as a forum moderator. Maybe one day, just one day, you too will have your name in green.

Get a life sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part B is a higly subjective viewpoint. Nonetheless part A. You're the one that attempted to hijack the thread not me. Why don't you simply start another thread?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:22 AM

Default History Is Repeating Itself

How does the American public feel about having our companies being taken over by the Chinesse?
Yawn.....history is repeating itself.
Back in the 1980s, Japan was flush with money and they went on a buying spree in the USA buying US companies and famous buildings. And what happen? The USA sellers sold them these companies/buildings for HUGE profits and the Japanese took a HUGE BATH on these investments.

The winners were the Americans who sold these assets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 11:31 AM

Default No anaesthetic

[ QUOTE ]
How does the American public feel about having [American] companies being taken over by Chinese?

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "American companies", please.

Established in America?
Majority of Americans in payroll?
Factories in America?
Doing business in America mostly?
Paying taxes in America?
American shareholders?
American managers?